• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mungo

Nick

Hi All,

Just a short note to pass on the sad news that our darling Mungo (who we got as a rescue through Karlin in August 2007) passed away at home last night. All three of us were with him as he slipped away peacefully.

This has come as a terrible shock to us, as he had been in fantastic form, and showed no signs that the end was near. We were renewing his meds on Saturday, when the vet recommended that we have him xray-ed to monitor progress. His xray was on Monday and, as expected, his heart was very enlarged. A change in meds followed, in an attempt to help his condition. Sadly, it didn't work.

Our comfort comes from the fact that we had 2 wonderful years with Mungo, and he was happy, active and relatively healthy to the very end. Even yesterday at bedtime, we were saying how well and happy he looked. One hour later he yelped once (to call us I think) and passed away in Hugo's bedroom. We were able to hug and pet him as he left us.

All I can do now, through tears, is to thank Karlin for letting us have 2 fantastic years with our lovely Mungo.

Nick, Emer and Hugo.

3766083283_6e86851ac8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

So sorry to hear this tragic news ,but he must of had two happy years with you .Best Wishes to you all.:(:(:(

I'm very sorry to hear this.You must be devastated,he was well loved and had everything he needed during his last two happy years.
Sins

So sorry to hear that Mungo has gone to the bridge. Thinking of you all at this difficult time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh no, I loved Mungo :( I'm so sorry. I remember his pictures and how he flourished in your care. Such a lovely and much loved boy :hug:

Aw Nick, I am so sad to see your post this morning :hug: I remember when Mungo first came up for adoption and I offered to go get him from the pound. I was so worried that we wouldn't get there on time so I made my hubby drive out the day before to make sure we knew how to get there and how long the drive wouild take. I remember rolling down the window and saying softly "don't worry little man, we'll get you out tomorrow"

The next day we arrived to collect him and the girl put him in my crate. I could hardly lift it up to carry it to the car and tbh I would rather have scooped Mungo up in my arms but I knew the less he was handled by different folk the better. He cried a little in the car and I sang to him and it seemed to soothe him. The we met Coconut and she took him to meet his forever family :lotsaluv: and the rest as they say is history.
I'm so glad that he got to have two wonderful years with you and that you were all able to be with him as he passed peacefully.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time and I hope in time that Mungo will send you another little Cav to love.

Mungo, such a sweet little man, his special personality leaped across the internet and miles to touch so many. He had a loving time with you these years and how sad to see him pass. Run free, little one, forever.:cry*ing:

I am so sad to hear about Mungo. I remember when he first came to you. What a whole new life you gave this boy. I think it's wonderful that he was able to pass over surrounded by your love. Rest well Mungo.

Always so sad to lose them, but you had obviously given this dignified old chap an amazing second chance. The love shines through your post.

RIP Mungo and healing thoughts to you, Nick :l*v:

Nick, my heart is with you and your family -- I am so, so sad to hear of Mungo's unexpected death. I remember when you first contacted me about the possibility of a rescue cavalier and the first lovely pictures of your son with Mungo when he first went to you and had a needed haircut! It was clear he fit right in and was very much a part of the family for the time he was with you.

As Claire recalls there were several people who helped to get him safely out and to you as well and I am sure each will feel he was a little extra special to them and I know will mourn him too.

I am thinking of you all at this difficult time.

im so sorry to hear about Mungo. I also remember his story and was so pleased that he went to such a great home with you. You certainly made his last years the best :)

So very sorry to hear about Mungo - I hope that it is a comfort that Mungo had two happy years with you, and passed away surrounded by those he most loved.

He saved you from having to make the decision for him - a last gift to you.

Remember him with love and I'm sure the happy memories will be a comfort to you.

I'm so sad to hear about Mungo, I remember his story and I'm sure he loved every minute of the 2 years with you :flwr:

Nick I'm so sorry that's very sad news. He was a very beautiful dog. He was so lucky to have found you and you him. You gave him a wonderful home and love.:hug::hug:

Back