• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mungo

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes. It really does mean so much to us at this awful time.

As Karlin said, Mungo really seemed to touch so many people at the time of his rescue, and since then. Special thanks should go to Karlin, Claire and Coconut, who were instrumental in Mungo's rescue and bringing us together. Also thanks to everyone else who was emotionally involved with Mungo, as can be demonstrated by the threads at the time of his rescue. Reading back through this has been exceptionally moving, and demonstrated how loved Mungo was.

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=20153

We have a huge, cavalier sized void in our lives right now, and there have been many, many tears shed at the loss of wonderful Mungo.

When my heart can bear it, I will post some pictures of Mungo during his too short time with us.

Nick

I am so sad and sorry to hear about Mungo's passing, I remember the time when he went to live with you and your family, he touched so many peoples hearts. Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time:flwr:

I have been busy with family (human and canine) and work and am just catching up on Cavalier Talk after a break. What a wonderful life you were able to give Mungo. Thank you for sharing him with all of us. It always amazes me now these dogs touch the lives of so many of us who live 100s and even 1000s of miles/kilometers away. I hope when the time is right you and your family can open your hearts to another dog in need, Cavalier or otherwise.

Made me so happy to relive Mungo's travels to you. I had to chuckle at Karlin's post "the very big issue will be finding him a home". No one knew then that you were waiting for him Nick....and he for you. You were so lucky to find each other. Give your heart some time to grieve but always remember what a great blessing you were to Mungo. He lived out the rest of his life living like the little prince he was.

If anyone would like....type "Mungo" in the search function and you can pull up several threads Nick started with pictures of Mungo and his amazing transformation. I just did....and it made me smile through my tears.

Last edited:
Just catching up here, and I teared up reading your sweet farewell to Mungo. He was truly loved and cherished. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. :hug:

Hi all,

I promised to post a few pics in remembrance of our wonderful Mungo.

Starting from the time he was in the pound:

4164026326_eb706b70ea.jpg

His first night with us:

1251498465_d323de4e88.jpg

After a haircut!:

1260800898_463c308004.jpg

When Mungo's coat grew back:

3243967622_82856ea8c0.jpg

With his special friend:

3243993038_4d4c4f3b70.jpg

Pretending to be a canine model:

3395567141_f76e8c761b.jpg

Enjoying the garden:

4163330175_2c91299b49.jpg

4164050526_d08ef612b9.jpg

4163281041_4755fe11c1.jpg

And finally, our last photo of dear Mungo (a couple of weeks before he died):

4163253957_a7868d6b56.jpg

We will always miss Mungo, but he has sent us a new little cavalier :dgwlk:to care for. More news soon!

Nick & Co,

What a difference a haircut and a whole lotta love makes!! Mungo was a stunning boy after he came to live with you. I'm so happy you were able to bring out his essential "cavalierness". Run like the wind Mungo and be happy at the Bridge. I'm so sorry Nick.

It just goes to show what love can do :hug: I had a big soft spot for Mungo. :(

Looking forward to hearing about the new addition and hoping he/she will help fill the gap a little. My best wishes to your family.

I have read Mungo's story with a lump in my throat.
A very special dog and very special people too.
You were lucky to find each other

Oh my, what a story and what a precious little dog he was.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos, especially for those of us who joined CT after Mungo arrived with you. The transformation was amazing, as was all the TLC you continued to give him - such a heartwarming rescue story.:wggle:

Can't wait to hear about the new arrival ......icon_whistling

Can't wait to hear more Nick!!

What an incredible transformation. He was such a dignified little man when he came into rescue and turned out to be beautiful on top of his dignity.

We were so sorry for your loss, and used to love reading about Mungo and seeing his pics, just wanted to say you are in our thoughts :flwr:

Back