• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dawdling Daisy Is Still Dawdling

Brian M

Hi

I must have posted about our Daisy over 12 months ago but I regret to say she is still dawdling .
All four are always eager to dash outside to investigate the other world but if its cold and if its raining its 10 times worser , Lily is not too bad though she gets through the sliding door and out and has sometimes even pooped right outside the door before dashing back in ,so with her you have to be dead careful of the doggie poopmines spread in unsuspecting places .Whilst Pops and Rosie are just nose to the ground thrice round and round stop lower back end then business done and back inside girls .But Daisy Oh Daisy ,out she goes and in come the other three ,Daisy ,Daisyyyyyy are you coming in or what so,after 5 minutes no sign or sound from her,so out I go even if its windy ,rainy or snowing and stand there and watch and there she is up and down around and around and its blxxxxxx freezing cold ,then after 10 minutes she stops hovers reverse down and then a little poop ,Oh bxxxxxx hell shes started all over again round and round and round ,meanwhile I am wet and cold and Daisy is still circling and at last stops and what is it a weeny weeny trickle of a wee.
So I ask why is it always Dawdling Daisy when the other three can pop outside and be back inside within a minute or two, but with Daisy everything is in her time and she will only perform when shes ready and not until then ,so how long does it take your boys and girls to do a simple thing like pop outside for a wee or poop or do you too own a DAISY.:)

Last edited:
Brian, yet again your descriptions of your dogs have brightened up my day! :p I have two boys - one will do his business and run in, the other has to psyche himself up to do it, and like Daisy, the worse the weather, the longer it seem to take him! And if he gets a hint that I might like him to hurry up I can just forget it. He is as stubborn as a mule.:rolleyes:

Brian, my Dixie is EXACTLY like your Daisy. It absolutely takes her forever to find the exact "right" spot, and then she has to go around in circles for 5 min. before she decides to go. And, again, it is just as you described just a tiny bit. Meanwhile, I have been standing in the wind, rain or whatever else nature has provided...... What is the deal with them ??????

Bella does like to do twirlling and marching up and down before she actually manages to poop. Its not a fast job but not as slow a dainty daisy. When we were out on walk the other day, she did her usual perfomance and when I bent down to pick up the poop she decided to do some back kicks and promptly splattered me in mud. I couldn't see as the mud went across my face and in my eyes. I then had to walk home looking like I'd been in combat jungle warfare. Yes Cavs do like to have the upper hand :)

Chaos usually takes quite a while to find the right spot in the garden and she does twirl, twirl, scratch, scratch again and again until she finds a good spot. She prefers to wait until we go on our walk and then will run on lead very fast up and down until a spot looks good. Other times on walk she decides to do it right in the middle of the path, miles from the bin.:confused:

Maybe put a lead on her and walk round the block, that might get her going quicker and at least you won't be getting frustrated waiting for her.

My Harley is the best he takes about 2min to do everything comes straight back in, Rosie is not to bad but my Ebony takes for ages, even in rain and gale force wind she stands on the patio sniffs the air with no care in the world, like it is a nice sunny day. Then she goes from one side of the garden to the other, turns around and around and around it makes you dizzy only to end up at the starting point again. It just shows that our lovely Cavaliers are all very individual.

Brian - your posts are always a fun read..:biggrin:
I think our Sophie would stay outdoors forever if she could, sniffing and smelling everything. We don't have a fenced in yard, so she is always walked on a leash outdoors. As for her bathroom habits, I've wondered if the twirling prior to poo'ing is a Cavalier thing. First she zig zags back and forth, then the spinning starts. Some days, I cannot look or I would get dizzy. Twelve to twenty spins before she'll settle down, some days. Bless her heart.

Last edited:
Leo's only truly terrible when it's raining . . . but then again, he hasn't quite hit the terrible teen months, so who knows?

Back