• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

snoring!

aquaceri

Stitch has just reminded me of something that I wanted to ask you guys...He is snoring at my feet at the moment :rolleyes:

Is it normal for cavs to snore so loudly? I can here him when I am in bed at night its louder than my partners snoring! :eek:

I love listening to it and it doesn't bother me at all but he does sneeze a lot and seems to snort a lot as well...its as if he has a head cold I suppose...there is no discharge from his nose and he has been like this since he came to us on Saturday. Is it something we should be worried about or it normal?

Thanks guys:D

I think its normal for dogs with the type of short nose that Cavaliers have (not sure of the correct term - bracchy something) to snore. I have a snorer, he didn't start till about age 4. My sister has a pug - omg, you should hear that-its soo loud!:rolleyes:

Snoring

I have been told that this Snoring in Cavaliers could be the sign of a Soft Palate.

I know of a few Cavaliers who have had to get their Palates shortened because of this.

Leo snores VERY loudly.....sometimes we have to turn the TV up as you cant hear it :lpy:

Maddie's a terrible snorer (like my OH :D) she also does the sneezy thing, and the snorting when she's over excited. Pippin on the other hand rarely does any of the above. I often wonder if it's because, with his overbite (which is very pronounced) he has a longer top jaw and mouth, so his soft palate is more in proportion to his hard palate?

Dylan makes a sneeze when he wants something and he thinks I don't know what he's on about icon_whistling It's a little noise of frustration I think.

OH my goodness, my Roxy puts my husband to shame! I didn't think anyone could out-snore my hubby, but Roxy takes the prize!

~Dawn

Back