• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rain and pee pee time?

brid kenny

It's absolutely pouring here in Dublin. The dogs won't go outside for me. What do you guys do during this awful weather?

You have to lead the way Bríd - if it's good enough for them - it's good enough for you :badgrin:

I had to drag mine out in the rain this morning - :( just for a short walk until they had done what needed to be done! Unless you don't mind having them go in the house...theres not really any other option - man I hate rain!

Mine are quite good about going in the rain and Armani gets to the first bush. It cleared for about an hour this morning so we went on our usual walk, boy was it muddy and we just made it back to the car before it started again. I do find it easier to get them to go if I go out with them, sometimes in my dressing gown and slippers. Luckily it has a hood:p

:D My dogs loathe rain, too: They go out in the leash, but Molly seems to investigate where the grass is dryer - then she VERY carefully steps out on the grass, do what she must, and hurries back to the lawn tiles - she follows them ALL the way, even though she has to walk longer around them than through the grass.
Éowyn rushes through, but hates being wet: She rushes in, and then she lets me dry her with a towel. If she still feels wet, she runs to the nearest carpet and rolls and rolls till she is dry.
Good luck :D

Yep hate hate hate rain

Charlie couldnt care less will go out in anything. Ruby however is a whole different ball game- she looks at me as if to say 'you are f'ing kidding me!!'

Well I had to go out to the green accross the road with her this evening with me PJs and slippers on and waited till she went- she soon got the msg- no pee pee- no roof!!!

Bless her- have to be cruel to be kind as she cant last the night anymore if she doesnt have her 11 o clock wee!!

Just last night mine pulled this with me too!

I ended up using my husband's extra large golf umbrella to take them out, I was quite the sight!

spoiled rotten I tell ya!!

:)

Dawn

I even had trouble with mine this morning, have never seen rain like it. There are floods all over the place, luckily it cleared up about 11.30 and managed to get out for our walk then.:)

I have to go out with mine in the rain too. When we first got Rylie I would have to hold an umbrella over his head because he'd only want to climb up on me. As it was I had to carry him out, set him down and walk away so he'd have to move to get to me. The movement usually got things going. Now I just have to be willing to walk out on the grass (NOT just stay on the deck) with all of them. Max used to be willing to go out but I guess he realized that Rylie and Mindy had me better trained than he did:D

I solved the problem... the girls wouldn't dream of going out in the garden and would insist on peeing in the house until I pulled up ALL the grass and put gravel down instead... now they will go out in the rain although Fern still walks round like the wet is going to make her paws shrink.

It also cured the muddy grass problem as my back door leads straight into my sitting room and they used to be in and out 20 times a day. So not only do I have girls who will go out in the rain, I also have nice non muddy floors, walls, furniture etc :)

Redoing the garden is possibly a little extreme for most people though :)

I don't have any grass in my back yard, and there's no way in H**l that Cleo is venturing anywhere near there in the rain. She'll just about dain to go for a walk outside (as in around the neighbourhood) but as soon as she goes outside the front door it's all reproachful looks and disgusted attitude and she races back to the house and glowers damply once back inside. She HATES the rain with a passion and seems to think we're turned on some sort of tap just to mess with her head and takes it VERY personally. :rolleyes:

Back