Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: warm crate bedding ?

Post Thanks / Like

Charity shops are quite good for this sort of thing too, especially the covers. Mine even have one in the back of the car to sit on.
    Judy

Chaos B/T Cavalier girl (1.1.2004) Armani Chinese Crested girl (16.12.2002) Onyx Chinese Crested Boy (1.8.2009)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

My four have just had a change over to their winter bedding ,so on the crate base we have vetbed then a fleece cover on top then an allergy free pillow then topped off with a pet sized sheepskin to keep each of them nice and snug .
    I know this is a bit OT, but this question begs to be asked:
    Brian, is there a pea underneath all this?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Charlie just has a pillow with a pillow case on top and a big blanket, he loves it, he dosnt need to much because one of his beds is right next to the radiator literally, the radiator is right behind his bed, he's a lucky dog!
    Charlie 17/07/03

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know vet bed can be dear to buy, but it really does last for years and is excellent even for *most* destructive dogs - most Cavaliers don't actually manage to destroy it...

It washes and dries really quickly too.

You can get it fairly cheaply on E-bay these days, but I've had some from these people in the past and it was really good quality.

http://www.bronteglen.co.uk/petproducts.asp

Zooplus are quite expensive for theirs, but it is the very best quality and will last forever!!

Basically you get what you pay for...

We have sheepskins on the sofa, especially good if they come in from the garden a bit damp - like vetbed it draws the moisture away from them and then dries naturally in the air. Unfortuantely it needs brushing/combing regularly too!!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Renate

I know I am a bit of a loon or thick or eccentric but what do you mean by pea underneath all this
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OH Brian do you not know the story of the Princess and the Pea???

The story tells of a prince who wants to marry a princess, but is having difficulty finding a suitable partner. Something is always wrong with those he meets, and he cannot be certain they are real princesses. One stormy night (always a harbinger of either a life-threatening situation or the opportunity for a romantic alliance in Andersen's stories), a young woman drenched with rain seeks shelter in the prince's castle. She claims to be a princess, so the prince's mother decides to test their unexpected guest by placing a pea in the bed she is offered for the night, covered by 20 mattresses and 20 featherbeds. In the morning the guest tells her hosts that she endured a sleepless night, kept awake by something hard in the bed; which she is certain has bruised her. The prince rejoices. Only a real princess would have the sensitivity to feel a pea through such a quantity of bedding. The two are married, and the pea is placed in the Royal Museum.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org