Thread: Riley update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riley update

I had to take Riley back for his check up today. I told the Dr. that he was still scratching a good amount. Also he was licking excessively almost obsessive/compulsive. The Dr. increased Riley's meds to gabapentin 100mg 3x/day and kept him on the 1/2 tab of 5mg prednisone, tramadol as needed and pepcid. The Dr. had some concern about the licking. He said it was possibly seizure activity or it could be related to his SM. He said he wanted to see him in another 4 weeks to see how the increase in gabapentin is doing.
    I am really hoping that the increase in the meds will help Riley's symptoms. I know there are limits as to how how much and how many medications they can give a dog. So hopefully we will see some improvement soon.
    Proud Mom to Riley, male B&T, my velcro boy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope the meds will help -- it can be very frustrating. Let us know how this new dosage goes.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Like Karlin said, finding the right combination of meds and the right dosages can be challenging and frustrating until you finally (hopefully) get it right. Hang in there.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)