• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Riley update

patg

I had to take Riley back for his check up today. I told the Dr. that he was still scratching a good amount.:( Also he was licking excessively almost obsessive/compulsive.:( The Dr. increased Riley's meds to gabapentin 100mg 3x/day and kept him on the 1/2 tab of 5mg prednisone, tramadol as needed and pepcid. The Dr. had some concern about the licking. He said it was possibly seizure activity or it could be related to his SM. He said he wanted to see him in another 4 weeks to see how the increase in gabapentin is doing.
I am really hoping that the increase in the meds will help Riley's symptoms. I know there are limits as to how how much and how many medications they can give a dog. So hopefully we will see some improvement soon.

Hope the meds will help -- it can be very frustrating. Let us know how this new dosage goes.

Like Karlin said, finding the right combination of meds and the right dosages can be challenging and frustrating until you finally (hopefully) get it right. Hang in there.

Back