• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My very fit dog

Kate H

I took Oliver to the vet last week for his boosters and the vet gave him the once over - and I giggled when she said he's really very fit! Spondylosis, SM and a Grade 2 murmur - but he's very fit! And it's true, he IS fit, walking for an hour with no problems, eating well, trim figure, happy - just not very healthy!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I know exactly what you mean, Kate. It's the same with my Megan (SM, hydrocephalus, degenerated disks etc). But when I took her for the once over on her 11th birthday a couple of weeks ago, my vet told me that "she has the heart of a 5 year old" - and the spirit to go with it:*nana:

So perhaps these kind of stories will help all those who are struggling with recent difficult diagnoses - there is DEFINITELY life after SM, MVD etc.

Nevergiveup.jpg

I have to agree with Kate H and Wagtails with my boy being diagnosed with Grade 4 murmur in January this year and in recent weeks MVD I did initially feel very sad, but we have been told at the vets that they can see Jasper enjoys life, he loves his walks and eats well and is nice and slim so we just enjoy him and hope he will be with us for many more years.:)

Back