• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Big Ginger - Our Latest Addition

Brian M

Hi
As posted previously we have a set population of 8 female cats at work which have all been spayed and are all fed 7 days a week ,and as we are in the construction industry it seems we are closing on the 18 th Dec and back on the 4th Jan ,so I shall come and feed them all every day over the holidays .
But we have had a visitor over the last three weeks a big beautiful friendly ginger cat who now seems to have become a permanent resident ,and unknown to him plans are made for a day next week when he will be coming with me for a little ride in my car .to Birch Vets where he will be snipped ,vaccinated and chipped and then returned to our yard where instead of chasing the girls he can have a bar of chocolate instead and become a little eunoch amongs all the ladies :)

4157752226_55e1311afd_b.jpg

4157754590_ef1d001548_b.jpg

He is a beautiful lad and I would dearly love to take him home but we are already feeding another cat on the quiet and the girls would not hurt him but they would harrass and chase him.:)

Wow what a handsome ginger boy with those big gold eyes! You are great to sneak him off for his snips! :lol: He looks well able to handle a few dogs though!

He is a big beautiful boy. That is very kind of you to take care of all the cats. I'm sure they all appreciate it. :smile:

Hi

The voucher came on Sat so when i was at the vets with Rosie getting her glands emptied I booked Big Ging in for Monday morning ,so tomorrow no food for him just a little car ride for a few hours .
The only other problem apart him theres a black and white tomcat been prowling around as well over the last couple of weeks and he was there yesterday and today when I called in to feed them all so he could be next on the snip list.
Does anybody know if tomcats would still be attracted to our clutter of females even though they have all been spayed.:confused:

Does anybody know if tomcats would still be attracted to our clutter of females even though they have all been spayed.:confused:

I assume it would be like dogs and he might take a little while for the hormones to subside. But he obviously can't get them pregnant anyway as they are spayed.

Have you attempted to find the owner of the ginger tom? He looks so well kept, I'd be concerned someone was missing him. If he was mine and he found his way home without his tackle I'd be very upset.

Where does he sleep at night?

Hi
Well the lads back and tucking into his brunch ,but a slight complication he had already been snipped so no wonder he was trying to tell me something on the way to the vets ,but at least hes been vaccinated and micro chipped and in a round about way on the way back to work I mentioned to Dawn about taking him home but no response yet .:)

Hi
but a slight complication he had already been snipped

:lol: This really cracked me up. I can't believe you didn't notice until he was actually at the vets. Dont worry he wont be the slightest bit amorous with your girls at work.
My 3 old girls (all speyed many moons ago) are very friendly with some of the neighbourhood cats who are younger neutered males. The males often sit in the front garden waiting for the old dears to make an appearance.

Brian;

Our daughter had 2 male older neutered cats who kept her then lab in check. When we visited her with our golden the one cat hid but the other actually played near our golden. No problems and near the end of the visit they were
almost playing with each other.

I imagine the same would be true with our Abigail. However, she now has 2 spayed females.

Since the ginger has been neutered I also wonder if he belongs to someone.

Heather R

Hi diddy

I didnt find out he had already been snipped till I went to pick him up and that was when the vet nurse told so thats why he must have been trying to tell me on the way there that he already been done .We feed at home a loal cat but all the girls will chase him but when we had my two little white females who died 12 months ago the girls were fine with them ,but the cats were here before all the girls arrived as pups

Back