• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pee on the bed over and over :(

Ida

hi, i have some problem with Ida about peeing,

I put her in the big big puppy pen where provided the kennel, training pad and water bowl which I think it's good environment for the puppy.

Problem;
1.Every time after I washed the big rug which I always put in her kennel to make her feel comfortable when she sleep, she always pee on it after a few digging. It makes me upset at that time :mad: and need to rewash over and over again which it's just so clean.

2.Training pad, she's doing fine with toilet training BUT she seems to love it too much and like to lay down and sit on the pad!!! you know it has been pee on and she sat on it, i was like :x:x:x are you serious???:eek: and she likes to bite and drag it around as well

These problems so piss me off lately and i can't see how to fix it. :(

anyone have same experience ?

how old is ida??? I am no expert but if she is a young puppy and is doing this all the time, maybe you should take her out more frequently? I have seen posts on this site by other more experienced dog owners than myself and they bring their pups out almost hourly... Imagine a new born baby, they cant control themselves and if they have to go they have to go...sorry I couldnt be more help but I am sure there will be lots more posts with advice or there are notes in the training section on toilet training..
Best of luck with little Ida.

thanks,

i mean she's doing well about toilet training, the problem is she always digging and eliminate small amount of her pee on just washed rug which is in the kennel. and it's more frequency lately.

maybe remove the rug permanantly - and put in an old blanket - if it is only small amounts that she is eliminating it sounds like she is still learning when she needs to go and learning well if she is managing to get outside to elimate the rest! Well done to her! I am sure it will get easier when she is a little older.

Hi, have you had her checked out by the vet, maybe she has a urinary infection.
It could be that she is peeing with excitement too?
Also, you need to make sure you are washing her bedding with biological detergent to get the amonia smell out of it. If there are any traces left, she may go back to the same spot to pee again.
Good luck,
Charli

I'm no expert either, but it sounds to me like she's got the rug and the training pad confused. I'd get rid of the rug.

When there is no rug in the kennel, does her kennel stay dry? Young dogs like to pee on soft things.

hi, i have some problem with Ida about peeing,

I put her in the big big puppy pen...

I think this is your main problem. Her pen or crate is too large.

We once had a dog who peed in his crate until I made it so small that he only had room to lie down. That stopped his bad habit. He became the best house-trained dog on hearth.

Our Sophie's crate was small enough, but she would pee on the bedding in her crate, so I took the bedding out. She never peed on the hard plastic floor of her crate. Problem solved. I gave the bedding back to her, after a few months. But.... she needed time to forget the habit of peeing on it.

Back