Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers for my Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prayers for my Bailey

I am sick as I write this. I will never forgive myself for being so stupid. I gave Bailey 10 times the amount of metacam I should have. I didn't realise until hours later and rushed her to the emergency vet. She is showing no symptoms yet but could go into kidney failure anywhere from now until two weeks from now.

My poor baby, I don't think I could cope if anything happens to her. I am wracked with guilt. Please pray for her.
    Kimberly

Little girl Bailey 5 years old
    Little boy Dylan 4 years old

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Bailey is ok. Thinking of you and Bailey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fingers crossed for Bailey -- hopefully it will all flush through the system and she will be fine.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I did the same thing to kosmo when he went through his knee surgery. He suffered no adverse reactions and everything turned out fine. Good luck with your little one
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be thinking of you. My gut feeling is that you would see a bad reaction by now if there was going to be one. I hope so anyway. Is she taking charcoal? I have nursed someone after a suicide attempt and Dylan when my son gave him the wrong pill and both had charcoal for 2-4 days.
    Last edited by *Pauline*; 5th December 2009 at 01:07 AM.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post
    I'll be thinking of you. My gut feeling is that you would see a bad reaction by now if there was going to be one. I hope so anyway. Is he taking charcoal? I have nursed someone after a suicide attempt and Dylan when my son gave him the wrong pill and both had charcoal for 2-4 days.
    Yes. She has to stay at the emergency vet for 48 hours and they will pump her full of fluids/charcoal. I don't think I'll sleep a wink until I know she will be ok. The vet said nine times out of ten dogs are fine but I just feel awful. The fact that it was such a massive overdose and the fact we didn't realise until hours later just gives me a really bad feeling
    Kimberly

Little girl Bailey 5 years old
    Little boy Dylan 4 years old

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I said he instead of she. It was really hard to give Dylan charcoal so it's better Bailey is at the vets. Get some sleep Kimy I'll say a prayer for you.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our thoughts and prayers are with you & Kimy. Please keep us posted on her progress. I hope she will be just fine like Kosmo.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Praying that she is in the 9 out of 10 category. Don't beat yourself up too bad, you won't be of any comfort to her. Accidents happen. I'm just glad you caught it and knew what had happened so you could get her treatment. Do keep us posted...prayers going out loud and strong.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer Madison got into some Advil and probably ate around 9-11 pills. Advil is an NSAID like Metacam. I didn't realize how sick she was until the next day when I took her to the vets for lethargy. Her lab values showed that she was in kidney failure. But after three days at the emergency hospital with IV fluids and medication, she pulled through fine. Wish I could say she learned her lesson, but she'd do it all over again if the opportunity presented itself. I learned my lesson though - never leave my purse unzipped on the floor when I go out. I kicked myself for such a stupid mistake - but it was a mistake and so many people on this board helped me get over my feelings of guilt. I hope Bailey pulls through without any problem like Madison and Kosmo did. As soon as you know she is safe and healthy you will be able to breathe easier. I hope you can sleep tonight.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)