• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prayers for my Bailey

Thinking of you both, I'm sure she will be fine. These things happen so easily, so don't beat yourself up about it. Now you have an excuse to spoil her rotten when she gets home.

So sorry to hear this - really hope that Bailey will make a complete recovery. It's good that she isn't showing any symptoms at present.

Take care of yourself - I know it's hard not to feel guilty, but these things happen and at least you realised and she is in the best place.

Kimberly don't be so hard on yourself. You obviously love your little girl very much, that is so obvious! Mistakes happen, you're only human, and but by the grace of God that could have been any one of us here. We're all capable of making mistakes. The important thing is that you got her care as soon as you realized, she is being treated, and I'm praying will make a full recovery. If she saw you beating yourself up like this, what would she do? Probably snuggle up to you, lick your face, and try to cheer you up!

Praying for a full recovery!!!

~~Dawn

Poor you. You must have felt so dreadfully sick when you realised.

Sometimes busy and stressful lives mean we go on autopilot when doing things.
I have put down dinner bowls and then wondered if I had put the right medication in the right dish, sometimes I cannot even remember if I have added one of the pills at all.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Bailey and for you.

My very best wishes,

Thinking of you and Bailey.....we all make mistakes so please try not to feel bad.

My husband's aunt was in kidney failure a month ago and she only has one kidney! We all prepared for the worst but after a week in the ICU and a further three weeks in hospital she is now home and the kidney is starting to come back to normal. So hopefully little Bailey will be fine.

Hugs to you both :)

Bless you, hopefully she will be just fine and she is in the best place right now.

If she is not showing signs of distress yet, I would bet that she will be fine. Madison showed signs within 24 hours of eating the Advil - lethargy, not wanting to eat, etc. She was already in kidney failure according to her bloodwork and pulled through without any residual effects. I know it's hard not to beat yourself up about this, but like everyone has said, it was an accident and accidents happen to all of us. I too worried that Madison would die due to my stupid mistake - it's a natural response. I hope she comes home soon and covers you with kisses and lots of lap time.

How is Dylan doing without her? Bet he keeps looking for her. He'll be one happy boy when she comes home - especially with all the different scents she'll have on her from being in the hospital. Still praying for you Kimy.

Just back from seeing Bailey. She seems absolutely fine at the moment and hasn't developed any symptoms as yet. All her blood work/tests are normal for now but the vet said that her kidneys could be fine one minute and then crash the next. They are keeping her on fluids until Monday morning and if she is still okay by then we can bring her home. The vet said that kidney failure can still happen in the next two weeks but if she is okay by Monday then the likelyhood is she will be fine :xfngr: The next 36 hours are going to be torture.

Dylan seems to be doing okay but he is definetly missing his big sis :( Hopefully he will get to see her soon.

Dont worry Kim, she will be fine. Chronic (long term) kidney failure is not reversible, but can be managed with lifetime medication and diet. However Acute kidney failure (sudden onset - caused by poisoning) etc is reversible and that is why they are keeping her on iv fluids. It's to flush the kidneys out for her. If the BUN and creatine levels are ok so far, I cant think of any reason why that should change.:)

Chin up. Sending you a hug.

I do hope that Bailey gets through this alright, I'm thinking of both of you. Please try not to beat yourself up over it. Sue

Fingers crossed for a full recovery, don't beat yourself up about it, it wasn't intentional (easy said I know). I shudder when I remember what I once nearly done, was on auto pilot giving Rosie her optimmune when I stopped to realise I had super glue in my hand (I jest you not!) I noticed before I made contact with Rosie thank heaven!! can't believe we were stupid enough to keep them in the same drawer!!

Last edited:
We went to see Bailey again today and she is doing great. Still no signs or symptoms and the vet thinks we will have her home tomorrow :D I'm really happy and feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. I will feel even better tomorrow when she's home.

The vets have been great with her and she seems really settled. They let her out for a run about every couple of hours and she has made some new doggy friends. The vet said she helped herself to another dogs food this morning :rolleyes:. She really is a great dog. They even gave her a bath today :)

Here she is with my mum. She has a red bandage on her leg where her fluids are going:

4162675385_397b08fd86.jpg

Thanks again everyone for your support. I will post an update tomorrow when we have her home.

:mexwav: thats great news.....hopefully now bailey will continue to get better and be home asap!!! :)

Oh, so glad to hear the good news. She is gorgeous, and even after her ordeal......

Back