• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppys- Leahurst Weight Management Clinic

Brian M

Hi

I thought I would start a new thread on this ,on the way to taking Big Ginger (one of our work cats ) to the vets to be snipped my phone rang and it was the Vet nurse Sheeley Holden from Leahurst Animal Hospital which is an offshoot of L/pool University and Poppy is booked in for her initial interview on 22 nd Dec which is the same day that Lily is booked in to be spayed .Fortunately we have a two week shut down at work so I am able to do all the running around. According to the nurse we shall be at the obesity clinic for up to three hours and Poppy will have all sorts of tests done ,kidney,liver,thyroid urine, analysis etc and a DEXA scan which accurately measures her fatty tissue which will then enable them to work out a diet for her and they even supply FOC the Royal Canin diet food .Before we leave she is then examined by Dr Alex German the clinic head and we are required to revisit for further consultations and weight checks until she reaches the desired weight ,and Shelley phones you for weekly updates inbetween appointments and amazingly all this is free of charge as it is financed by Royal Canin .
There is an information pack and appointment card in the post so I shall post further news as we proceed.
Poor Poppy wont know whats hit her and over Xmas to ,but if it all helps towards a healthy Poppy it will be for the best.:)

Hi Brian

I wish they had something like that near us. Sounds like a really great program. :)

Wow, what a programme! That's really great, Brian; I'll be interested to know how it goes and what the tests return.

Hi Karlin

In case you missed my previous post below is a link to their site ,but what is amazing its all free ,Shelley who phoned me yesterday is posting out an information pack so if you want a copy of it all pm me your address and I will get it all copied and post over to you .

http://www.pet-slimmers.com/index.htm

Hi again

My big fear at the clinic is the necessity to put Poppy under general anesthetic for her Dexa scan ,but I will be there holdig her paw if need be

http://www.liv.ac.uk/pet-slimmers/trixie.html

The link is to the story of Trixe a Cavalier who embarked on a journey at the clinic and started at 13.65 Kg and finished at 7.70 kg.:)

Hi

Dawns just phoned me and said the postman has been with a big parcel from Leahurst Clinic its the information pack and also there are two containers for samples ,so help how do I get a sample of Poppys wee :confused:

:lol: I don't know about yours but when I let mine out first thing in the morning they go right away. Just follow her with clean Tupperware & put under her real fast then transfer to container. They don't need a lot of urine. Good luck!

I think I read it on here but the answer is - a ladle!!! Had to get a sample from Kizzy - it worked perfectly and she didn't even notice :cool:

Hi

Below are some of the details for Pops and her scan

4175986813_fcd67b375e_b.jpg

4176801000_a5ca4d6816_b.jpg

4176790074_1f53c565fd_b.jpg

It looks good so we shall se what develops.:smile:

Back