• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My CKCS + flycatcher syndrome

Hi it's been a few years since I have been on here, back then I spoke about our puppy Charlie and his Flycatcher Syndrome. Charlie is now 3 years old and he is now on Phenobarbital to help with this, which it has helped some what.
When I 1st posted about this topic a few members got worried because their own dogs like to snap at flys, so I thought I would add a small video of my Charlie showing you all what he is like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAjGR4vNndM

I posted on the Youtube video. I hope he gets better, it must be quite annoying for you and Charlie

That was really interesting to watch. Thank you for posting it.

Cuddles to Charlie. What a beautiful dog. He is lucky to have you to watch over him. *ng*l

Have you had an x-ray done to see if he has CM? The reason I ask is because the visual cortex is at the back of the brain, I'm wondering if his skull may be pressing and giving false visual information.

Hi, we haven't yet but that is the next course of action that we shall go down. I'm not sure if he does have CM he doesn't seem to be in any pain? Although he does rub his head/neck on the floor alot.He also doesn't scratch he neck alot. So really unsure.

The reason I thought of it is my ex-roommate had similar symptoms (seeing small flying objects, and also tunnel vision) right before he got diagnosed with a brain tumor that was pressing on his visual cortex. He didn't have pain either.

Yes, thank you for sharing this with others. Bless his heart- he is beautiful. I hope the meds help him feel better.

Thanks so much for posting this. I always find it so much easier to understand after seeing the symptoms rather than reading about them. I am so sorry that you had to even post about it but thanks for the education.

Back