• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Looking for recommendations for a dryer for the dogs.

Have you tried looking into prefessional hair dressing dryers? They are great and are built to last. Pricey (prob within your range though) but well worth a look at. Maybe if you contact a wholesale supplier or ask at a salon where they get theirs.

I think the difference between doggy dryers and human hair dryers is the temperature, right? Dog dryers use a greater force but much lower temperature. Is that right?

I just got done drying Daisy after her bath about 5 minutes ago and I was thinking about getting a dog dryer, too. I use a human hand held blow dryer on her, but I alternate pushing the cool-shot button and letting it out to keep the temp down. I only use the warm setting, too, but it's still too hot unless I use the cool shot button as I described. It's kind of a bother, so I'd love some dog dryer recommendations, too.

If you're treating yourself I would seriously consider one of the air blasters - it doesn't use heat at all, so doesn't dry out the coat - it just uses air to blast the water out of the coat. Many of the show people use these.

Ok, so I was all set to order the dryer that Cathy has and loves...but at the last minute I changed my mind and got the bigger, more powerful one. Well, extra power is great if you are Tim, the toolman, Taylor, but if you want to dry cavaliers. too much power is not a good thing.

The dryer arrived today. It is WAY too strong. It actually blew things off of my refridgerator! :eek::It is also very loud. I decided to get this one because the reviews were all really good. Someone had even written that they used it with their cavaliers. So I need to decide what to do. I will probably contact the company to see if they sell longer hoses to help diffuse some of the air and so that I can put the unit farther away from the dogs to cut down on the noise. I absolutely can't use it dry their ears. I am really bummed. Their ads show them drying a small dog with this machine. I guess they didn't have the machine turned on at the time that they took the picture. :mad:

Next time I will listen to Cathy!

J.

I (my son) just bought the one Cathy suggested. After spending most of the day Sunday grooming 3 dogs. Most of the time was spent drying as it was very cold outside and I wanted them completely dry. My son had been bothering me about what I wanted for Christmas. Yesterday I let them out in the back & Remus rolled Loki, he came in covered in muck.:bang: Can't wait to get the dryer they'll be getting baths a lot more often.

Back