• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spaying a bitch with Syringomyelia.

Daisy will be just fine........................

And positive thoughts are heading your way, from all at Oxencombe.

Regards Mark.

She's home....
She's asleep in her crate on a big red cushion and hot water bottle.Poor thing looks groggy but seems comfortable.The vet says no need for a cone or babygro :confused:,but fair enough,we'll see how it goes.She got a painkilling injection and a long acting antibiotic shot.
I'm just glad to have her home.Thanks for the txts and good wishes and all the sound advice,it really helped.
Sins

Great news Sins, you and Daisy have been in our thoughts all day :jmp2:

I'm sure she will be bouncing in just a few days and you'll have the opposite problem then - trying to keep her quiet!!

Best thing for today and tomorrow is lots of sleep, just keep her warm, offer her something light to eat if she wants it {boiled chicken and rice or similar} - mine never read the instructions from the vets about not being hungry, they are ALWAYS starving!!

Potty trips on the lead for the first week.

OK then instructions for YOU - you can relax now, have a nice hot bath and put your feet up ;)

Neither of my girls used a cone or babygro after their spays. They just never seemed to pay any attention to the stitches, luckily. And like Nicki said, no dog of mine has ever come home from a surgical procedure, teeth cleaning, etc. and NOT been starved. They want to eat immediately. Foget waiting hours to let them settle in! Lots of cuddles are due now. I'm glad she came through o.k and is home with you. It's a long day waiting for them.

So glad Daisy is home and ok - she'll be backto her normal self in no time. We never used a baby-gro or collar with our 2, they just left the stitches alone xx

Back