• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Year walk

Kate H

I wondered if we could start off the West Midlands Ramblers group with a shortish walk on Saturday 2 January, from New Street Station along the canal to Selly Oak, returning by train? On a holiday weekend and with the students away, I hope we won't meet too many cyclists - and a few people and dogs filling the towpath might make them wait for us for a change!

I suggest we meet at the Stephenson Street entrance of the station (the back entrance, signed for Victoria Square). As well as trains, a lot of buses stop nearby, and there is a car park next door. Meet at 1.30, so that we have plenty of time to walk before dusk. The walk is about 3 miles and takes just over an hour. If you would like to bring a hot drink, I'll bring some homemade shortbread.

Please let me know if you are interested in coming, or need more information.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Haven't heard a squeak from anyone interested in walking, but the weather forecast is cold but sunny, so Oliver, Aled and I will be at New Street Station anyway, and if no-one else turns up we'll enjoy the walk on our own! Hope it will blow away the cold I've had since Christmas...

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I would love to come, but I can’t do that sort of walking anymore. 45 min is my maximum with painkillers. Hope someone will turn up to keep you company. Have a happy New Year.

Hi kate

If we lived your way you would certainly have another 4 + 2 buy we dont so no doubt we will have our usual walk by the sea around 8.30 am.:)

Back