• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Go To Sleep My Babies

Brian M

Hi

Plugged the Dap Diffuser in a week ago by their beds downstairs (except Lily who has moved in upstairs ) and have now moved it into our bedroom for tonight and I will also give them all three drops of Valerian organic compound on a Fish4Dogs treat around 10.00 pm ,and hope that it helps to clam them when the fireworks start at midnight .The Valerian seems to help them but not over sure about the Dap ,anybody use any other stuff to help them keep a bit calmer on firework nights ,thankfully its only twice a year .:(

Brian, I had good success with the Dap infuser. Tried it as a method to help Dazzle stay in on an even keel and found that it mellowed all :). Just be sure to close your bedroom door when you plug it in for best benefit. Have to say my only objection was that mine consistently lasted only 3 weeks instead of the four-a little too spendy for long time use and I did do 4 refills in a row so have confirmed the shorter time.

Hi Brian, this might be of interest to you for future, I know its too late this year but I found this information at the clinic where Clare Rusbridge practices so I thought it must be ok! Fortunately our two are not bothered but picked it up for other people who might need it. http://www.soundtherapy4pets.com/product.php?pid=1

I don't know about the Dap plug in but I've taken Valerian myself and I can't keep it down, it smells so vile, do you administer it in drops?

Good Morning Ladies and Happy New Year

Dawn slept downstairs with Lily and were fine ,Luke never heard a thing and Poppy Daisy and Rosie went berserk at midnight but if one barks they all bark ,but it lasted no more than 30 mins so we all dozed off about 1.30 .Then around 4.00 am i could feel Daisy licking my hand and whimpering so outside to the loo then at 6.00 am Lily wanted to poop and ran downstairs and just made to a new rug in front of the fire :eek: ,so those two poor girls have upset tummy's .We all went for our seaside walk at 8.45 and on the way home after feeding Big Ginger ,Little Fluff ,Topsy 1 ,Tiddles and two newbies with no name ,we found a small shop that was open so its rice and chicken for Daisy and Lily for the next 24 hours and I have a stock of Canlkur tablets and doggy Kaoline to help as stoppers .:)

Sorry your pups have upset tummies. Also can feel your pain with the firework noise. We went to be before midnight but Abigail barked at all the noise. Finally she went back to sleep. Our golden didn't even make a sound;)

Heather R

Maybe the valerian that made them ill? I see upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea are listed as possible side effects. Think I'd stick with the dap diffuser -- they are very good. I use the feline equivalent for the cats sometimes.

Hi

Thank you Karlin and Marjorie .Rescue Remedy I had never heard of till I had a txt from tupup and she mentioned it so I will get some in ,so thanks Marjorie ,and Karlin I did not associate the Valerian drops and diarrhea so will be more careful in the future and thankfully all tummies back to normal .
So once again it shows the benefit of belonging to a great forum like this as thats another good tip i have been advised of .:)

I think homeopathy remedies work really well for this sort of stuff, I tend to use them alot for anything emotional. We have a store here called Bark & Fitz that carries a whole line of special mixed remedies for things like stress itching, loud noises, anxiety, travel issues etc. I tend to use the Bach Flower remedies alot too. Good luck!

Back