Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go To Sleep My Babies

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Go To Sleep My Babies

Hi

Plugged the Dap Diffuser in a week ago by their beds downstairs (except Lily who has moved in upstairs ) and have now moved it into our bedroom for tonight and I will also give them all three drops of Valerian organic compound on a Fish4Dogs treat around 10.00 pm ,and hope that it helps to clam them when the fireworks start at midnight .The Valerian seems to help them but not over sure about the Dap ,anybody use any other stuff to help them keep a bit calmer on firework nights ,thankfully its only twice a year .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I had good success with the Dap infuser. Tried it as a method to help Dazzle stay in on an even keel and found that it mellowed all . Just be sure to close your bedroom door when you plug it in for best benefit. Have to say my only objection was that mine consistently lasted only 3 weeks instead of the four-a little too spendy for long time use and I did do 4 refills in a row so have confirmed the shorter time.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian, this might be of interest to you for future, I know its too late this year but I found this information at the clinic where Clare Rusbridge practices so I thought it must be ok! Fortunately our two are not bothered but picked it up for other people who might need it. http://www.soundtherapy4pets.com/product.php?pid=1
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope they were all ok Brian - it's hard when they are sensitive to fireworks etc.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the Dap plug in but I've taken Valerian myself and I can't keep it down, it smells so vile, do you administer it in drops?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good Morning Ladies and Happy New Year

Dawn slept downstairs with Lily and were fine ,Luke never heard a thing and Poppy Daisy and Rosie went berserk at midnight but if one barks they all bark ,but it lasted no more than 30 mins so we all dozed off about 1.30 .Then around 4.00 am i could feel Daisy licking my hand and whimpering so outside to the loo then at 6.00 am Lily wanted to poop and ran downstairs and just made to a new rug in front of the fire ,so those two poor girls have upset tummy's .We all went for our seaside walk at 8.45 and on the way home after feeding Big Ginger ,Little Fluff ,Topsy 1 ,Tiddles and two newbies with no name ,we found a small shop that was open so its rice and chicken for Daisy and Lily for the next 24 hours and I have a stock of Canlkur tablets and doggy Kaoline to help as stoppers .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your pups have upset tummies. Also can feel your pain with the firework noise. We went to be before midnight but Abigail barked at all the noise. Finally she went back to sleep. Our golden didn't even make a sound

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe the valerian that made them ill? I see upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea are listed as possible side effects. Think I'd stick with the dap diffuser -- they are very good. I use the feline equivalent for the cats sometimes.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever tried rescue remedy?
    Marjorie

"when a dog runs at you, whistle for him"
    Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Thank you Karlin and Marjorie .Rescue Remedy I had never heard of till I had a txt from tupup and she mentioned it so I will get some in ,so thanks Marjorie ,and Karlin I did not associate the Valerian drops and diarrhea so will be more careful in the future and thankfully all tummies back to normal .
    So once again it shows the benefit of belonging to a great forum like this as thats another good tip i have been advised of .
    Brian M