• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vet drug recalls: expanded to more brands

That's really scary Karlin :eek:

How many people would even know what anaesthetic drugs their vet uses? :(

How could you prove that drug was at fault? I'm sure the company would come up with other reasons as to why the cat had died - and even if they do offer compensation, I know most people would much rather just have their cat back...

It's quite frightening that one company makes the product for so many others...

That is really scary. I know Ketamine is regularly used as an anesthetic in lower cost procedures. I do request isofluorane (sp?) or sevofluorane (sp?) and am always certain to ask that Ketamine NOT be used as I know of two Cavaliers who had bad reactions to the drug before this all happened.

Most Uk vets (though not RSPCA etc) use the short acting injectable Propofol, or low toxicity gas Isoflurane. Its worth discussing with your vet which anaesthetic they intend to use on this occasion, and why. Also ask who will be monitoring the vital signs. (dont want to worry you, but you really should check a Senior Nurse will be monitoring - get their name!!)

Back