Thread: BBC2 programme last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default BBC2 programme last night

Oops, sorry, just realised there was a thread started yesterday in the Dob & Bone Pub.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone watched the BBC2 Horizon programme "The Secret Life of the Dog"? I thought it was fascinating and just wondered what everyone else thought.

This is the summary of the programme:
    'BBC2 are bringing you our extraordinary relationship with dogs, which is closer than with any other animal on the planet. But what makes the bond between us so special? The latest research into humans' relationship with dogs suggests that the bond between both species is controlled by a hormone also responsible for bonding mothers to their babies. Why are dogs so good at reading our emotions? Horizon meets Betsy, reputedly the world's most intelligent dog, and compares her incredible abilities to those of children. And now Man's best friend has gone one step further - recently helping us identify genes responsible for causing human diseases'

Unfortunately, it was on tv last night so the only way now to view it is on the iplayer on the BBC2 website (the link is below) and if you are in Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/

Sue
    Last edited by susandavis1; 7th January 2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: same thread found

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed it -- the bit about people understanding their dogs' barks, and the collie that knows hundreds of words, was fascinating.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

World renown dog trainer Turid Rugaas has a wonderful book on barking and she describes the different barks and their meaning. She has several great books...I love her quiet, compassionate approach to working with dogs.

I didn't see the program, but hope to getit over here at some point. Sounds wonderful.
    Marjorie

"when a dog runs at you, whistle for him"
    Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marjorie View Post
    World renown dog trainer Turid Rugaas has a wonderful book on barking and she describes the different barks and their meaning. She has several great books...I love her quiet, compassionate approach to working with dogs.

I didn't see the program, but hope to getit over here at some point. Sounds wonderful.
    I've that book too, its very good!