• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

BBC2 programme last night

susandavis1

Oops, sorry, just realised there was a thread started yesterday in the Dob & Bone Pub.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone watched the BBC2 Horizon programme "The Secret Life of the Dog"? I thought it was fascinating and just wondered what everyone else thought.

This is the summary of the programme:
'BBC2 are bringing you our extraordinary relationship with dogs, which is closer than with any other animal on the planet. But what makes the bond between us so special? The latest research into humans' relationship with dogs suggests that the bond between both species is controlled by a hormone also responsible for bonding mothers to their babies. Why are dogs so good at reading our emotions? Horizon meets Betsy, reputedly the world's most intelligent dog, and compares her incredible abilities to those of children. And now Man's best friend has gone one step further - recently helping us identify genes responsible for causing human diseases'

Unfortunately, it was on tv last night so the only way now to view it is on the iplayer on the BBC2 website (the link is below) and if you are in Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/

Sue

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it -- the bit about people understanding their dogs' barks, and the collie that knows hundreds of words, was fascinating.

World renown dog trainer Turid Rugaas has a wonderful book on barking and she describes the different barks and their meaning. She has several great books...I love her quiet, compassionate approach to working with dogs.

I didn't see the program, but hope to getit over here at some point. Sounds wonderful.

World renown dog trainer Turid Rugaas has a wonderful book on barking and she describes the different barks and their meaning. She has several great books...I love her quiet, compassionate approach to working with dogs.

I didn't see the program, but hope to getit over here at some point. Sounds wonderful.

I've that book too, its very good!

Back