• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

SORTED: Foster needed or transport

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am still trying to get this cavalier that is down in Limerick. And tomorrow looks to be the only day in the next few days where driving might be possible. I think the foster family could bring him in as far as the Portlaoise area. is there anyone in that area who could take them and foster him until the weather improves or else take him and bring him to the edge of Dublin as I can probably arrange for him to be collected from somewhere like Newlands Cross. I have a home waiting for this dog but we need to get him in and neutered. This has been very frustrating for everyone involved. I am tied up much of tomorrow and had hoped to do this to drive on Sunday, but at the moment it looks like Sunday is going to be horrible weather with heavy snow falls.

Ahhh if it had been today I was off & could have driven & collected him but im back in work tomorrow.

I'll do it if I can get a friend to come with me?

Bríd, the roads are treacherous. Make sure if you go on this trip that you take a bag of cat litter with you in case you get stuck somewhere. It acts as grit to help you get grip on the road if your wheels spin.

Best of luck .

Hi Karlin,

If it helps, I could collect from Portlaoise tomorrow (Saturday) and transport to Dublin.

I'll PM you as well just in case.

Rgds,

Nick

All being well, Brid, I could transport to Lucan tomorrow. Would you be there all day?

Nick

Thanks Brid, I'll wait to hear from Karlin, but hopefully I'll see you tomorrow:razz:

Nick

Thanks all -- really fantastic. I think if Nick can get her to Dublin/Newlands Cross Bewleys that Thelly can probably collect him as that is where he is going to foster. I won't know til the morning -- waiting to hear if the foster down there can drive him tomorrow. If this snowstorm passes us by on Sunday then I could do the drive myself then -- but don't think we will be that fortunate. My tyres are not the best for trying to drive on ice and my immediate few streets are ice-bound at the moment so getting around is difficult too -- wish I'd been able to get him before this weather settled in!

He's sorted for foster, we just need to get him to Dublin. :)

This has been postponed again as the people in Lmerick cannot get down their access roads due to snow.

We had several inches in Dublin this am too. :rolleyes:

This is now sorted as the foster home in Limerick fell in love with him. I am told these fosterers have never fallen for one of their foster dogs before but I just said, well, that's cavaliers for you!! :D

Oh what a lovely happy ending :D

Great news - and thanks again everyone for pulling together to try to get transport arranged, you are all stars :)

That's great news. Think he would have been stranded in Limerick for another few days anyway, they have had loads more snow by the sound of it.

Back