• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Switching bones

ourempire

Not that I'm worried, it just amuses me, and I want to know if this is normal dog behaviour:
When Molly and Éowyn get a bone each, Molly wants to switch bones several times. She puts down her own bone before Éowyn, and then Molly wants Éowyns bone in return. Éowyn doesn't seem to understand that, so she just chews on her own bone, until Molly growls or barks in order to make us help. We can without any fuss take Éowyns bone and switch it with Mollys, and both dogs are happy again for another 5-10 minutes. Then Molly wants to switch bones again, and we go through the procedure once more... :lol:

Molly is also the only one who enjoys that I hold her bone in one end, while she chews in the other. I have read someplace that it's a sign of confidence and friendship, but I don't know? It's quite nice, but can of course take a while ;)

Cute! May they're just checking to see if the grass really is greener on the other side.

I really only have two chewers, but Oz always wants whatever Maddie has. Maddie will let me take a chew toy, bone, whatever from her, but would NEVER let Oz get it on his own. I believe it is a "grass is always greener" phenomena like Marjorie said.

Ruby is a real pain, its her Duty to check everything charlie has just to be sure its nothing different. Charlie flaunts what he has in front of her but he takes 3 times as long to eat as she does so then she tries to steal whatever he has left.

We have the same thing, Dougall can't be bothered start his own chew or bone, so when Molly get stuck in he wants hers! or Molly wants both, doesn't matter the size she spends ages trying to pick up both at the same time, eventually she will spend ages finding a hiding place during which time Dougall pretends not to be interested, then he will spring into action find the hidden treasure followed by a big chase......then it all starts over again :sl*p:

Oh my yes- my two do the same thing! They always want what the other one has, even if it is the same exact bone/toy. :eek: Glad to hear it is a common thing amongst our Cavalier cuties.

Mine do the same, and sometimes one will manage to pinch the other's treat/bone etc - and also keep their own as well. It's very similar to young kids that always want the other child's toy because they think that's better than theirs.

Being 'piggy in the middle' and trying to keep the peace can be a real pain at time tho':rolleyes:

It's funny to hear your stories, thanks :)
It is just like children, taking each others toys/bones, and then the other one goes to the parents for help! :D

I also forgot another thing: If they have conquered a toy from one another, they hold on to it no matter WHAT! Often they bring it outside, when they have to wee (or - you know). It looks hilarious they are sitting there with a rubber toy in their mouth, then bringing it back inside afterwards :D.

Back