Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leo's eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Margaret you're right Leo wasnt very impressed with his visit to the ophthalmologist yesterday....the receptionist told me all the dogs mark where the fish tank is so they're used to it

He was such a good lad even when they put green dye in his eyes...he looked lovely with green eyes by the way.

Pauline the visit cost me 35. I didnt think that was too bad.

Hopefully his eyes wont get worse....it's reasurring to know others have it and it isnt a problem.........except for the fish of course

Mel X

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meljoy View Post

Hopefully his eyes wont get worse....it's reasurring to know others have it and it isnt a problem.........except for the fish of course

Mel X
    I have not heard of this causing any pain or discomfort, or needing treatment.

How high can Leo lift his leg?

I would think it would only be a real problem for the fish if his aim can get level with the top of their tank.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Hopefully his eyes wont get worse....it's reasurring to know others have it and it isnt a problem.........except for the fish of course"

I wonder if fish have a sense of smell or are able to pick up scents? Interesting question for those like me with nothing better to do!
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Thats really made me laugh

If Leo could lift his leg that high I'd audition him for "Britains got talent"

His eyes dont appear to give him any discomfort.....

Thanks for all the support.....and the laugh

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

About a month ago I took Zoey to an animal eye doctor, and found out she too has Lipid Dystrophy in both eyes. the condition doesn't get any worse, and very thankful it doesn't cause pain or vision problems.
    It was $160 just for the visit, and another $75 for the 3 tests they ran. I am happy that she is OK- at least now I know and don't have to be worried.
    Last edited by Mom of Jato; 15th January 2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was absolutely amazed when I took Bubbles for eye testing at The Willows this Summer. The Panel Member opthalmologist had a look at each eye with her opthalmoscope then took high resolution photos of each eye with a special camera. 2 minutes later she told me that Bubbles had slight corneal lipidosis in one eye, everything else being clear. I was in and out in five minutes and she charged no more than the conventional practice I have always used in the South West who examine in a darkened room and take 15 or 20 minutes.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK