• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When will a cavalier reach their adult size?

Erin2854

I've heard online that their height and general size is reached by the age of one but they will "fill out" more after that, such as their coat and get more muscular. Just wondering what your experiences are? Thanks!

They generally reach their maximum height by about 71/2 months, but they do indeed fill out after that, and of course the coat comes in. Also the head changes and matures for a while after that, in some lines finishing as late as age 2 1/2. Coat takes about 2 to 2 1/2 years.

Adult weight is about 15 to 18 months.

Hope that helps.

Nicki wrote: the head changes and matures for a while after that, in some lines finishing as late as age 2 1/2.

Looking at young rubies at shows, it seems to me they mature more slowly than the other colours; they stay gangly puppies for a long time. Certainly my Oliver had real changes to his head (cheeks and muzzle rather than skull) at 4 - unfortunately not for the better, he'd done quite well at shows before then!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back