• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Board update update!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
An update on the update, so to speak! The next version of the software with a bunch of bug fixes has been launched, and there's also some better documentation on doing the overall update, so if I get the time and energy I will probably have a go at this in the coming days. Again this is just a heads up so that if you come to the board and get a message saying it's off-line that will be the reason why. With any luck it won't be a really long process. I'd at least like to get the fresh version of the board with its new functionality up and running for everyone while I continue to work on other aspects behind the scenes.

Thanks :thnx: for the updated :updte: and even more thanks:thnku: for what you do to give us this wonderful way of communicating with each other.

Karlin; I don't know how you manage these changes so well but I really appreciate all your efforts!!

Heather R

Well I haven't managed any of them so far! I am excited about this software but not very excited about having to install it. :rolleyes: I really hate doing anything that involves downloading the entire database contents and then uploading all of that back into a new database -- it is really tedious and often there are a few problems before you get it right. I decided it was better to wait and see how others were managing the transition by keeping an eye on the discussion forum for the software, rather than diving in. I can do a certain amount of tinkering but I'm not a programmer and right now the support documentation is a bit weak for this new release. It isn't just like updating to a new version of the same software; this is actually a completely new product in many ways behind the scenes although your experience will be pretty close to how the board works now. :)

Karlin - thank you for the alert, as well as all the work you do to provide us with this forum. It has helped me learn more about Cavaliers and everyone here makes it a wonderful community of Cav lovers. THANK YOU

Back