Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cookie 5th July 2001 - 12th April 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cookie 5th July 2001 - 12th April 2010

I didn't think that I would be posting this for a few years yet, but unfortunately Cookie's heart got worse very quickly.
    After her unexpected entrance in our lives, we had to say goodbye to my darling Cookie at 9.25am on Monday morning.

I don't think alot of the users on the board will remember me as I have rarely used the board in the past few years as I usually don't have time to post but will have a quick browse.

Although cookie had a really rough start, with our home being her fourth, over the past four and half years she had really come out of her shell and become a happy dog that loved to play.... and to think she didn't know how to when we got her.

We had decided that as Cookie was suffering, it was best to end this now rather than putting her through any more. it was the hardest decision to make but we couldn't let cookie go on with having nights where she was so unsettled and she could not lie down from where her heart was pushing in to her windpipe. Cookie's SM seemed to be getting worse as well so that was another factor affecting her health. It just wasn't fair on her.

So now we are just trying to adjust to life without her and its so difficult. I miss her like I have lost a part of me and it's devastating.

I found some photos that I thought you would like (sorry about the size if some are v.big):

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry. It is so hard to make the final decision when your dog is still only middle-aged.

That first photo is heartachingly beautiful.

How lucky that you found each other, so that you could enjoy four years of love and happiness together.

Thinking of you.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

I am really sorry for your loss. From your photos she looked like she loved her life with you.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry for your loss,thank you for sharing your lovely pictures of such a pretty girl.Thinking of you, God bless
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. The first picture made me cry, the fifth made me laugh. She was spectacularly beautiful.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sure there are many of us who remember you and Cookie.

I'm so sorry for your loss of little Cookie. It is so difficult to let our beloved cavaliers go, but you did the right thing for her. I'm so glad she came to live with you, where she found love and happiness.

The first photo of her is sooo sweet - what a lovely girl! I remember when she got her pink coat at Christmas time a few years ago and you posted a video.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Tanya....Cookie was such a beautiful girl. How lucky for her to have found you and had so much love for the past several years. Like Pauline...the first picture made me so sad and the fifth one made me laugh. You can really see what a fun girl she was and what a zest for life she had. You did the best for her even though it was the hardest for you. Rest now Cookie.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss,she looks beautiful in your photos.http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/i...milies/cry.gif

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to read of your loss of Cookie, what a beautiful girl she was and such lovely photos, especially the first one, thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello

So very sad to read about cookie ,but you gave her four plus years of love and happiness so please remember those times ,and she was such a beautiful looking contented girl.
    Best Wishes.
    brian
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T