Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harmony, poundie cavalier

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Harmony, poundie cavalier

I am very sorry to say that the 12 year old female cavalier that was in the pound had to be pts this morning as she was very ill during the night. Fortunately someone again had intervened enabling this dog to get out, and the dog was at least, not in the pound and suffering but inside a home and fed well. She may well have been surrendered due to illness as the real reason.

RIP.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm sorry, that is sad.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad.
    Like you said it would have been nice if she spend her last hours in a warm comfy bed with someone who cared. I dont know how anybody could give there 12 year old companion to a pound because of health reasons or any reason. I would give my last penny for my dogs.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    I dont know how anybody could give there 12 year old companion to a pound because of health reasons or any reason.
    I pray the owner dies alone and distant from home and loved ones. So they too can know the torment and distress they caused this poor dog. Just because they didn't have the courage to give her the last peice of compassion any dog owner can show their pet ..... to be with her when she takes the final journey.

Run free little girl young and fit again.
    Briar, Jack, Berry and coeliac cocker Bracken foster cockers Rowan and puppy Simba

"Spaniels In Need"
    (a 'not for profit' rescue organisation)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sad to have heard this news today, I actually shed a couple of tears for her, but at least she is out of her pain.
    I am constantly baffled by people who can so easily give up a pet after 12 years even if they are sick! To me that is the time to give them the love, care and kindness they deserve; what goes around comes around, karma has a way of making things right!
    I have such a heavy heart today for this little girl, but I'm glad she got out for her last night.
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You never know the circumstances of someone giving up a dog. Maybe the owner died and a relative couldn't look after the dog. Maybe they were too poor to pay the vet. Sometimes it's the kinder thing to give the dog up.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Poor girl. I'm so glad she was able to spend her last night with some comfort and care. No dog should ever be treated this way. What in the world is wrong with people!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am told they handed her in stating she had snapped at a child and with detailed info on what to feed her etc. I think they were well aware she was seriously ill and just wanted an excuse. She had lumps all over her body and vet felt she may have been diabetic and had other problems, I am told. So had been neglected for a very long time and was not being given anything for the existing problems she had nor were they mentioned. She got quite ill the day she came out. It may have been added stress from two days in the pound, a bug, etc -- but there's no way they could have thought there was nothing wrong with her.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Poor little girl...what disgraceful owners.

I hope they never have another dog.

I was in my vets the other day and a poor woman brought her dog in to be pts, she was so upset and I was upset for her and also about how I would cope when the time comes to part with any of mine which I hope is a long, long time away.

How could anyone part with a dog in this way I hope they get their just reward.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At best, I think the owners were very ignorant. It is true that you need to keep an open mind as to why any dog is surrendered to the pound -- and that is often a better choice than putting a homeable dog down (some just take healthy dogs they no longer want to the vet to be pts!). And it is a better choice than leaving an animal to suffer, or deliberately straying them. Pounds after all are there as part of the whole welfare picture -- they do keep strays off the streets, do help some dogs to get rehomed, and do humanely pts ill and unwanted and unhomeable dogs. But pounds vary widely.

This particular case is pretty sad as if they didn;t know that dog was ill, they must have been clueless people as well as never taken their dog to a vet.
    Karlin