• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fun Day 2010

Kate H

The Coventry Cavalier Fun Day 2010 will take place on Saturday 24 April. Offers of help on the day, donations for the raffle, donations towards rosettes and suggestions for improving on last year's first effort warmly welcomed! As last year, there will be a Companion Dog Show with obedience (and this year including a fancy dress class), photo competition, raffle, have-a-go agility, and information table.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Great something to look forward to.:w**h**:
I really enjoyed last year. Hope we have good weather like last year. Will we have a wedding going on again I wonder?

thanks Kate will keep that date free - if you need any help with anything just give me a shout x

As the Judge last year I had a wonderful time.

I will try and be there this year as an exhibitor, although it may be with little fluffies, rather than my cavaliers.

Kate, you are a wonderful organiser. I'm sure it will be a great day.

Sounds like so much fun...wish we could have one over here. I'd love to have a Cavalier Garden Party & Tea.

Kate

Hooray :jmp: can make it this year - date is in my diary. Looking forward to meeting you all.

If anyone down my way would like a lift then please feel free to PM me.

Margaret did a great job judging last year! This year's judge for the breed and novelty classes will be Sylvia Lymer of the Lymrey Cavaliers - one of the top breeders who scans all her breeding stock and talks openly about her old champion stud dog who has (had?) SM. I've chatted to Sylvia at shows and at the Midland club scanning days at Chestergates and bless her she agreed immediately when I asked her to judge. Betty Wilson, Midland Club committee member with a long experience of doing obedience with Cavaliers, will be looking after the two obedience classes - please do have a go at these, the lowest class will be on-lead and dead simple!

The proceeds this year will go to Dr McGonnell's Foetal Tissue research at the Royal Veterinary College, which is coming up with some important data about the lack of communication between brain and skull growth in Cavaliers.

Fingers crossed for good weather - it was so nice to sit on the grass in the sunshine last year. But we do have alternative indoor accommodation!

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who came back from a short walk yesterday pretending to be a tricolour - black with slush!)

Last edited:
Just a little boost to remind everyone about this event on Saturday next (see below for more details).

Have crossposted it on several other Forums and had a few responses indicating that people will try to get there, so hope to be able to meet some new Cavvie Crazies as well as CT folk. b*n*n*

If you do come - I'll be the one running the teddy tombola, so do come and say hello (and buy a ticket!) ;)

I think Kate is still looking for someone to help serve tea/coffee and also someone who could help people try the mini agility. Apparently the person who brings the equipment cannot now stay to help demonstrate it - only a couple of tiny jumps, a small tunnel and some weaving poles (if I remember right from last year).

CAVALIER FUN DAY
Blacktanclipart.gif
Barneyclipart.gif
Blacktanclipart.gif
Barneyclipart.gif
Blacktanclipart.gif
Barneyclipart.gif

Saturday, 24 April 2010
St Francis Church,
Links Road, Radford,
Coventry CV6 3DQ

Proceeds to Royal Veterinary College Cavalier Health Research

For more information and programme contact Kate Hughes, Tel 024 7659 3694
Email [email protected]

Opens 11.30 am, Dog Show starts 12.30

(Other breeds welcome if accompanied by a Cavalier)

Photo Competition
‘Springtime Cavaliers’
Entry fee £1.00 per photo

Raffle
Tickets £1.00 per strip

Teddy Tombola

Prize Quiz
How much do you know about your favourite breed?
Entry fee £1.00

Have-a-Go Agility
50p a go

BBQ
Sausage batches and hamburgers

Stalls
Handmade Cards
Homemade Dog Treats

Information Table about Cavaliers

Hi Marie-Anne

Would it be possible for some kind person to purchase 10 strips of raffle tickets
on my behalf and I can either send somebody a personnel cheque or just make
a straight donation prior through paypal ,and if by any chance I win a prize either raffle it again (and I will buy another 10 tickets then ) or auction it or of course sell it and put the proceeds towards the funday funds .:)

This looks a great event, i only wish we lived closer. Fingers crossed for the weather!! Any chance any members of the forum attending could post some photo's of the day for those of us who can't manage:)

Carol

Brian - thanks so much. I will buy the tickets for you and let you know about reimbursement. The proceeds are going to Dr McGonnell's Foetal Tissue research at the Royal Veterinary College this year ;)

Carol - I'm sure people will take photos. I certainly will so there should be some to show everyone afterwards :xfngr:

I be there with my home made doggie treats and my Husband has volunteered to do the BBQ. We will bring our pop up Gazebo just in case it rains so the BBQ can still go ahead. I will try to take lots of pictures. Can’t wait to see everybody.

Looking forward to meeting you all - weather looking good.:)

I'm travelling from Sunbury on Thames - have room for 1 more in car if anyone near me would like to go. PM me.

That's very thoughtful, Sandra. Look forward to meeting you on 24th. Will you be bringing your dogs? Hope you have a safe journey :drivecar:

Sounds great,

We are thinking of coming as we live in stoke,along with our four girls of course,will be great to maybe meet some of you off here :jmp2:
Diane

Many thanks to those who have offered help or donations for the Fun Day - I thinks it's going to be great fun, and it will be great to meet you all. Even the weather forecast is good (due entirely, of course, to Wagtails' anti-rain dance!). I'm sure lots of photos will be taken!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Have a great day everyone- sorry I cant get ther myself but Ruby has an obedience comp that weekend x

Well done Kate I hope you raise lots and lots of money ;)

What a fantastic event - I wish we were nearer.

Hope it goes really well and you raise lots of money :D

Back