• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vomiting after drinking

Soushiruiuma

After exercising Guinness has started throwing up, we'll play outside for 20-30 minutes, he drinks water as soon as we get inside. And then a few minutes later while he's bouncing around the livingroom he just spits out a few ounces of water, then goes straight back to bouncing around like nothing is wrong. I doubt he's in pain because he's really sensitive (he cries every time a flea bites him).

Is this something to do with the exercising and then drinking, maybe I should limit his water for 30 minutes or so till he settles down?

I'd take him to the vets about the vomiting.

Not sure those yelps are from flees, I've never heard of a dog doing that. I don't mean to worry you but maybe there is some other reason for the yelping that needs investigation. Dogs with Syringomyelia yelp sometimes for no apparent reason too.

It really isn't uncommon for them to hack up a bit of water, espically if they just had a big drink and they ar active. Mine do this too and it's really pretty normal, so I wouldn't panic. If they were vomiting on a regualr basis and not keeping any water down and the vomiting extended to food too then I'd get it checked out.

At first I was really worried about the yelping, but it actually did turn out to be fleas, he'll yelp then turn around to bite the spot. It only happens after we play with my friend's dog who only has fleas, and then it's gone by morning.

We had our last round of boosters today so I asked our vet about the vomiting, she said it was common, and just to restrict his water after exercise. Guinness weighs 9.7 lbs now at almost 6 months, he's growing so fast.

Back