• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weird Cavalier habits

Also, I know Jake is not a Cav, but he's got this habit at the river, of phisically diving down under the surface, collecting stones from the bottom, and piling them up at the side......:rolleyes:

ha ha I love all the posts too!!

Sam likes bringing in stuff from outside, usually stones, he came in with a big huge lump of ice a few weeks ago, he looked so funny because it was sticking out the sides of his mouth!! He also loves stealing socks from the basket and sometimes he sticks his head into the washing machine while I'm putting the clothes in it!!

Charlie likes taking tissues you leave down for a minute (usually when I'm feeding the baba cause I cant get up) and bringing them into his bed. He also sits on Sams head for some reason, poor Sam just sulks!

Our first cav Rudee used to love me to throw sticks into the sea for her to retrieve :) she would let me do this three or four times and then she would march past me up into the dunes and wait until I turned my back to her, so she could hide it. If I tried to turn back to see where she was heading, she would stop and wait again until I turned away :p then she would come back and EXPECT me to have a new stick ready to throw for her.
7.jpg

Becky cries if my wife looks in the mirror. She also cries if we pick one of the others up. The only way to stop her from crying is to pick her up, cradle her like a baby and let her give you a lick.

Buffy loves it if you put your mouth to her neck and talk. I think she likes the vibrations.

They all have their own idiosyncrasies (as in I can't spell:D) Bosco likes to lick and lick the patio door. Have to keep it in check though, would hate him to become compulsive about it.
He also loves to lick the back of my hands, I used to think it was hand cream, but he will do it long after I have washed my hands.
Since he was a pup he has had lots of fun chasing his tail. If he is getting nowhere, he will stick his behind up to the chair or in a corner, so he can get hold of it!

Our first cav Rudee used to love me to throw sticks into the sea for her to retrieve :) she would let me do this three or four times and then she would march past me up into the dunes and wait until I turned my back to her, so she could hide it. If I tried to turn back to see where she was heading, she would stop and wait again until I turned away :p then she would come back and EXPECT me to have a new stick ready to throw for her.
7.jpg

This is a beautiful photo:D

I agree that is a gorgeous photo posted by Claire. The water is so clear and sparkly.

My cavaliers have become rather elderly and staid, although Tommy & Matthew still enjoy a lick of hand cream or vaseline.

The Chins have little quirks, Dandy has to sleep on my discarded sweater, he waits for me to put it on the bed. Benny has to sleep on my pillow at night, and during the day he tidies himself away on a shelf under my computer while I am typing. :*bay:

Fonzi guards his morning treat all day with Bridgette laying siege to him. When he is desperate to go outside he will come & find me, drop his treat & expect me to take care of it. This involves me in an undignified scramble to get to it before Bridgette, who has been waiting for this moment.

Monty, when alive, would bring in live frogs and snails and drop them in the living room, where they would disappear under the sofa.

Monty, when alive, would bring in live frogs and snails and drop them in the living room, where they would disappear under the sofa.

Charlie McFarlie runs to the TV to bark at any animals that are on. He especially likes barking a dogs and horses. (We can only watch Animal Planet when he is fast asleep.) When we walk, he barks at airplanes. At night, he sees them before I do. Sometimes they are so high, they look like twinkling satellites. But, he sees them.
When Charlie does his business, he sometimes circles and circles before he finally goes. (It's comical to watch.)
He also likes to do what we call his "shuck and jive" walk. He just has this "Awe Shucks" look about him as he does a slow wattle.

Stitch loves socks too! especially ones that i have just paired and balled! - He will sleep on anything that isnt his bed even the dirty laundry waiting to go in the machine :)

He also has a habbit of stealing things and hiding them in his bed! Wednesday's our doggy wash day where I take all their bedding to be washed and hoover out their beds and sometimes I am really shocked by what he has hidden there! Anything from bracelets to pens! When I clean it out and he goes back he turns the bed upside down looking for his stash and wondering how the heck I found it lol

He also circles and circles before he does his business! He will only do his number two right in a bush! he sits right into it and its looks very funny! its a nightmare for poopy scooping though :(

He also circles and circles before he does his business! He will only do his number two right in a bush! he sits right into it and its looks very funny! its a nightmare for poopy scooping though :(

That sounds like Mika, only hers is snow banks. When the snow is deep, she won't go in it to poop. Instead, she stands on the sidewalk and backs her butt up into the snow bank as far as she can while still keeping her feet on the sidewalk. It looks really funny, but I have to admire her style.

..... she stands on the sidewalk and backs her butt up into the snow bank as far as she can while still keeping her feet on the sidewalk. It looks really funny, but I have to admire her style.

-Can't say that I blame her!
Charlie likes to pee on some of the snow "sculptures" on the side of the road.
His favorite one has almost melted away.
He knows exactly where it is though. He will still be looking for it when it is gone. :)

Two of mine are 'interesting' in the snow too:

Winston Alexander digs himself a trench in the snow, inspects it carefully, then backs up to it and makes his deposit. Then he walks away.

Little Joe is funny too - he gently scrapes out a hole in the snow with a front paw then, when he is happy with his work, he cocks his leg and slowly pees ino it.

Back