• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier deerhounds :)

Nicki

My vet is hoping to have a Teckel pupppy soon - these are working Dachshunds, bred to track deer.

So the Cavaliers thought they would have a go too, then they could perhaps give the puppy some lessons :)

Whilst out with the dogs the other day, I had seen about 50 [wild] Red Deer - they are down off the hills due to all the snow, and are feeding at lower levels.

First the Cavaliers found some deer poo
Poop.jpg

Well of course you have to taste it :eek:, how else would you know if it was genuine deer poop!! YUMMY!
Teddy.jpg

And there they are!!! :eek: Oops moving a bit too fast - there are two rather blurry deer between the trees
Deer.jpg

This is what we were hoping to see [taken a few years ago not too far from here, we saw about 300 deer that day]
deer-herd.jpg

I couldn't manage the tripod and four Cavaliers, so it was difficult to get much in the way of landscapes, but I did get this...
N-16Jan2010-5333jpgfrozen-lochan.jpg

It's been up to 7C today, most of the snow has gone but the Lochans are still frozen!! :eek: It made for good reflections.

:D love the one of your cav licking her nose! yuck! i bet it didnt taste very nice!

fab photos

Nicki,

what great photo's of the Deer.....the one of the nose licker made me laugh:p

Mel

lovely pictures! and what an absolutely beautiful ruby:l*v:

cavaliers can track deer.:) sienna and frida both passed the 3 hour test for deer blood, and we are training for the 20 hour test for deer and wild boar.
first trial test is this saturady.

Mine love a good deer poo snacklet too... :eek::*gh:

Love that last picture, Nicki; really beautiful.

Thanks everyone - good luck for Saturday Renate (y)

The Ruby is Teddy - he is 6 now. he suffers quite badly with Syringomyelia :( but still gets out for a walk a few times a week. He loves to go but it makes him sore afterwards :( so I limit his exercise.

Back