• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming Jacket?

mom4bella

Does anyone know where I can find (not exactly sure what it's called)..a type of "grooming jacket"? It's used to put on the cavalier after being bathed, and dried...It helps keep the coat down and more controlled. It's a mesh type,stretchy,all one piece,with holes cut out for the ears,tail,& legs. I recently had my cavaliers stay with the breeder whom I got my dogs from, while on vacation. When I returned, she had bathed them and had used this on my blenheim, Bella. I asked her where she had gotten it from and she said a woman in England. I am in the US, does anyone know where I could find something like this?

I have not ordered one of these myself, so I can't vouch personally for the quality, but here is a website that has one: http://www.allthingscavalier.com/

They had an ad in the most recent Cavaliers of the South newsletter. They have lots of good Cavalier-related things. I may order a drying coat myself.

If you google "drying coat" Cavalier, I suspect you'l find lots of sites.

Good luck! Daisy has very flyaway hair with lots of curls on her bib and hips, so the drying coat may be a good idea for her. I read the article on grooming CAvaliers on the website I posted above, and I found out you dried the hair through the drying coat. I didn't know that. I figured it was something you put on them if you didn't want to blowdry, but wanted their hair to dry flat.

Do you use the drying coat right after you give them a bath and dry the fur? If so, how long do you need to leave it on them? Jato gets very thick/curly/cottony on his hips and back end area...just wondering if a drying coat would help flatten the fur down. icon_nwunsure

My understanding is...after bathing, towel dry, then comb hair so it lays flat..then slip on the drying jacket...then, you can blow dry through the jacket...I will probably leave it on my Bella for a hour or so after...I'm still waiting to receive mine, I ordered from "All Things Cavalier" $20...And yes, its great for flattening down the hair..my Bella has the same as your Jato..curly and flyaway hair on the hips...Like I said earlier in my 1st post, the breeder had been watching my 2 cavaliers while I was out of town..upon my return, she had groomed both, and I really almost couldn't recognize my Bella (among all her cavaliers..10?!)...she had used this jacket on her and she was sooo beautiful! It has been a week now, and her hair still looks great...you should try one too for your Jato:)....I also ordered some Isle of Dog shampoo/conditioner from Bath and Body Works/online....(if you put in the promo code 1419 you can save $10 off a $40 purchase!)----Kristen Mom of Bella (blen) and Gino (Tri):paw::paw:

Back