Thread: fish4dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish4dogs

Hi just wondering does anyone use the fish4dogs complete kibble? Is this a good food?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

I do and I think Nicki and poss Dublin ,its a good food and my girls do handstands for it and their fish square treats are super value and cracking food .10/10.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes it is one of the foods I recommend - good quality and most dogs love it - although like people you get some who don't like fish!!

They are a very good company and will help with any questions - often do good offers too.

Daisy won't eat the kibble but loves the dried fish skin treats
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brian and Nicki for your replies. Nicki are you a vet or nutritionist, sorry I haven't been on the board for a long while so not sure. Also, how would you say the food4dogs kibble compares to JWB, RC, Orijen? Many thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the look of the fish4dogs kibble myself but haven't tried it. All of those are nutritionally complete foods and generally considered good quality so really it comes down to what works for your dog, and what you like the sound of . I tend to use a couple of different brands -- no reason a dog has to stay all the time on the same brand. (I'd feed one bag then when that is done. maybe try something else for variety). I just consider kibble a base on which to build a more attractive diet for the dog as kibble alone is pretty grim for a dog (that is of course why they love table scraps, real meat, commercial raw etc -- it is real food! ). Some foods won't agree with certain dogs - RC for cavaliers gave two of mine the runs but suited the others, for example; but they all do well on regular small breed RC.

Really any dog food sold has to meet minimum nutritional standards. After that, buying a food is really more hype and marketing and personal owner philosophy -- honestly I think the dogs could care less and it makes little difference to their overall health if there is basic good quality. I think any medium range dry food is perfectly fine and beyond that, it is owner philosophy and willingness to spend on food to meet that philosophy... When I was a kid and none of these premium foods existed we had dogs that lived to ripe ages in great health fed the supermarket food and table scraps. I tell people not to get too overworked about what they feed their dogs but ideally, not cheap supermarket food!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Im using it at the mo on Sparky & he loves it - I have found Ive had to cut back a little on his food since changing him onto it but he's doing well on it! I dont find it easy to find in Ireland though so pick it up when im in the UK!

I buy the treats too - mine will kill for the strips!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks Karlin and Dublin. I am going to start adding fruit and veggies into their diet. I think we will try fish4food kibble once we finish the orijen and JWB. I have also bought salmon oil and some fishskin treats. I am going to buy some sardines and see what they think of that also. They are going to love me

Post Thanks / Like

No probs!

I also give Sparky raw mixed veg (frozen - thawed) & salmon oil & it's done wonders for his coat. Meatwize I too give sardines & also raw mince & raw chicken wings (great for the teeth!!)
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nicola

My four have has raw green beans ,carrots ,broccoli and cauliflower for a long time and I also use Burns kibble ,Burns wet and applaws wet and change between Burns /R canin /Ardent grange and put a hole range of additives and vitamins in with their food ,but don't ask about teeth cleaning don't forget according to MC us men folk are only simple people

bri
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T