• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

fish4dogs

Hi

I do and I think Nicki and poss Dublin ,its a good food and my girls do handstands for it and their fish square treats are super value and cracking food .10/10.

Yes it is one of the foods I recommend - good quality and most dogs love it - although like people you get some who don't like fish!!

They are a very good company and will help with any questions - often do good offers too.

Daisy won't eat the kibble but loves the dried fish skin treats :rolleyes:

Thanks Brian and Nicki for your replies. Nicki are you a vet or nutritionist, sorry I haven't been on the board for a long while so not sure. Also, how would you say the food4dogs kibble compares to JWB, RC, Orijen? Many thanks for your help :)

I like the look of the fish4dogs kibble myself but haven't tried it. All of those are nutritionally complete foods and generally considered good quality so really it comes down to what works for your dog, and what you like the sound of :). I tend to use a couple of different brands -- no reason a dog has to stay all the time on the same brand. (I'd feed one bag then when that is done. maybe try something else for variety). I just consider kibble a base on which to build a more attractive diet for the dog as kibble alone is pretty grim for a dog (that is of course why they love table scraps, real meat, commercial raw etc -- it is real food! :) ). Some foods won't agree with certain dogs - RC for cavaliers gave two of mine the runs but suited the others, for example; but they all do well on regular small breed RC.

Really any dog food sold has to meet minimum nutritional standards. After that, buying a food is really more hype and marketing and personal owner philosophy -- honestly I think the dogs could care less and it makes little difference to their overall health if there is basic good quality. I think any medium range dry food is perfectly fine and beyond that, it is owner philosophy and willingness to spend on food to meet that philosophy... :lol: When I was a kid and none of these premium foods existed we had dogs that lived to ripe ages in great health fed the supermarket food and table scraps. I tell people not to get too overworked about what they feed their dogs but ideally, not cheap supermarket food!

Im using it at the mo on Sparky & he loves it - I have found Ive had to cut back a little on his food since changing him onto it but he's doing well on it! I dont find it easy to find in Ireland though so pick it up when im in the UK!:)

I buy the treats too - mine will kill for the strips!

Many thanks Karlin and Dublin. I am going to start adding fruit and veggies into their diet. I think we will try fish4food kibble once we finish the orijen and JWB. I have also bought salmon oil and some fishskin treats. I am going to buy some sardines and see what they think of that also. They are going to love me :jmp:

No probs!

I also give Sparky raw mixed veg (frozen - thawed) & salmon oil & it's done wonders for his coat. Meatwize I too give sardines & also raw mince & raw chicken wings (great for the teeth!!)

Nicola

My four have has raw green beans ,carrots ,broccoli and cauliflower for a long time and I also use Burns kibble ,Burns wet and applaws wet and change between Burns /R canin /Ardent grange and put a hole range of additives and vitamins in with their food ,but don't ask about teeth cleaning don't forget according to MC us men folk are only simple people

bri:)

Back