• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teeth Cleaning?

I tried them once, but what came from the other end wasn't pleasant!:eek: So I haven't bothered since.

I used Pedigree Dentastixs for Jasper but he ended up with upset stomach also, shame really as it seemed like a good idea as all he does when I try to clean his teeth is lick the toothpaste and won`t let me put it in his mouth on the brush or finger brush.:(

HI

My Lily came to me at 11 months old and of course didn't have a clue what I was trying to do with a toothbrush ,but now the four of them all sit side by side vying to be first to have their teeth cleaned ,so like all good doggy things patience and gentleness and you will get them all there in the end .And I suppose having four helps the competition cos then they all want whatever the other has got ,good old jealousy helps as its got to be do me first .:)

I dont clean either of my dogs teeth, I do give them either raw or roasted bones (only roasted if I cant get raw ones) aprox every other week & they get raw chicken wings a couple of times during the week. Cassie (my jack russell) was 12 in November & the last time she went to the vet she examined her & then said she must have the wrong record on her screen as she didnt believe looking ather teeth how old she is! Her teeth are about 90% pearly white!!

Mine quite enjoy Dentastix and I give them now and then. They are quite high in calories so they need to be the proper small size, and reduce the amount of food they get for the day, or use as an a occasional treat.

I know I'm a little late on answering this post but I clean my kids teeth, I have brushed since they were pups so they are used to it and it makes SO MUCH difference it really does. I got my kaytee late in her life and she hated having her teeth cleaned and this was what helped in a way to take her life at the end, I tried and tried to put them right but she used to pass out when I brushed..anyways not to go into that I think its worth it, my mums dogs are only a little older then mine, they don't brush my dogs teeth are white with a tiny few specks of yellow which cant be helped I spose and mums dogs have plaque 0_0. I will ALWAYS brush...maybe I'm a mummy with OCD??? lol

Back