• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crazy rolling?! A Cavalier dance?

jessie22

Hi!
Ok, since she was about 3.5 months old, (since I rescued her) Ruby has had a very silly and crazy morning routine. I was wondering, is this a Cavalier thing, or a "Ruby has the crazies" thing?!
Here's what happens: We get up, I help her onto the floor, (yes, she sleeps with me! I'm bad!) she stretches the front legs, then the rear. She sashays over to the middle of the room, and drops! On her back (like when a dog rolls in something stinky!) snorting, wagging and it appears, cleaning her face/eyes!
She's very happy, it's such a great way to wake up! She also does this occasionally after a meal...
Oh, also, she is not in any type of pain! She hops around wagging and snorting afterwards. :)
So...anyone else have the pleasure of the "morning crazies"? :lol:
Thanks!

--Jessie

Yes we do! Mika does almost the exact same thing when she gets up on her own. Most mornings though, she stays in bed until I'm done my shower. Then she stays in bed for a long belly rub (the only time she'll take a belly rub) until we go and wake my son. But on the mornings she gets up by herself, it's the same routine - bow, stretch, then roll around doing the peek-a-boo thing with her paws and eyes.

Roxy does this too. She gets up, goes out, then comes into the kitchen and rolls around on her beanbag. She also does the face rubbing thing. I think its just like her morning stretch :)

Both mine do that too and the other Teena was rolling around on the bed (she loves the duve) and fell right off the bed. I think this is normal (happy) dog behaviour.

Back