Thread: Temporary fencing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Temporary fencing?

Due to neighborhood restrictions I'm not allowed to fence my yard, but I would like for Guinness to be able to have a play area where he and my neighbor's dogs could play off leash. I have an area about 100 sq. ft. that I can use. This is only for supervised use so it doesn't have to really be hold them in, more create a visual barrier. I'm trying to find something cheaper than connecting several X-pens.

I'm thinking that if I drive a few stakes into the ground I can build something to keep the dogs in, using volleyball netting or something that would break down easily, and something rigid in the corners for support.

Has anyone seen/done something similar for their dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, well, this may be way more than you want but could be a springboard for other ideas. This particular one might not work for breaking down on a daily basis and storage might be a hassle but I'll show the link. I thought it was a nifty idea for temporary fencing under supervision.

http://www.cavalierboard.com/message...=21278&start=0
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking of too, the lattice, but I wonder if it woul dbe high enough? I hope you find something that works for you.
    Marjorie

"when a dog runs at you, whistle for him"
    Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Our yard backs up to the woods with raven & creek. We have the privacy fence going down the sides but didn't want to block the view of the back. You can see in the picture we bought the green to blend in. It is fairly inexpensive at Menard. Green stakes & a roll of the fencing with some ties & voila, problem solved. If we need to get on the other side we just pull up the end stake.

Teri, Remus, Loki, Leopold
    3 cats - Rumor, Serenity, & Thor