• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella is sick...can anyone confirm it's MVD and maybe give me realistic expectations?

My heart is just breaking for you right now. I think this is one of the things we Cavalier owners fear the most. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

my thoughts are with you today!

it is our responsibility to know when the time has come, and to act accordingly. and you are living up to yours!

god bless you.

Hiya.. well she's gone now and to be honest it's a big relief to have seen her at peace finally after such a struggle and know that she is happier in doggy heaven eating lots of treats and never having to have her hair brushed anymore. Very very sad but know we made the right decision for her.. Thanks again for all your lovely words ... Emma & Renco xxxx

I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug:

At least Bella is at peace now, and I hope your wonderful memories of your time with her will help bring you comfort. She was a lucky girl to spend her final years in such a loving home.

I am so sorry -- I remember when you first posted about getting Bella and telling us all about her. It is a difficult place for any of us, to have to make such hard decisions out of love. :flwr:

Bella is Sick

Emma, I just could'nt say any earlier how much I was feeling for you, I had too big a lump in my throat, but you have bit the bullet now and Bella has no more suffering.

Bet

Thank you everyone.... I hope that this gets easier as I am feeling just totally heartbroken and missing Bella dreadfully so so hard to deal with knowing she isn't behind the door all of the time & Harvey (our other cav) is so low at the moment and is going to the toilet inside which he's never done before. Hopefully this hole in our family gets smaller soon, just miss our little cutie pie so much :'( xxx

I'm so sorry - it does get easier, this dreadful raw pain eases a bit but you will always carry a sadness that Bella is no longer with you.

I don't think you ever forget a special companion - nor would we want to - but over time you start remembering alll the happy times you spent together and can enjoy those memories.

You have so much to look forward to with your human baby - try to concentrate on that.

Also it will help Harvery to keep to your normal routine as much as possible - he needs lots of extra attention and cuddles, but regular walks will help then he will be tired. He will adjust, some Dr Bach Rescue Remedy from teh chemist would probably help both of you - 3 drops in his water bowl, or a couple in his mouth.

Thank you Nicki,

Things are becoming less raw but then every so often we say the dogS or call both names and get that gut wrenching pang that we only have Harvey now. We have sorted out our photos of Bella and are going to get some beautiful canvases made of her and yesterday she was cremated so we should get her ashes. When we have them this weekend we will buy her a beautiful tree, plant it with her ashes and make a small flower garden around the base as a memorial to Bella. I think that will help a lot as it will feel that she's back with us again where she belongs.... :)

Back