• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

"Cavalier Matters for Pet Folk"

Missing You

Hello Jan Bell

Many thanks for signing you seem to be my guardian angel watching over ,oh how i dearly wish you were
available to help us in this difficult time your intellect and words of wisdom are sorely missed .I do hope sometime when you are ready you will return, as its people like you who we so need to help here and put some backbone into all those members who read about our tasks and post lots of wind about nothing but trivia and then of course do absolutely nothing they are all around us ,we have so few like you Jan so the door is forever open for your return if you so decide
Sincerely Your Friend Always
Brian:)

That's not very nice.

Maybe not very nice but unfortunately there is some truth there.

I know it’s everybody’s choice to sign petitions but only united we will achieve anything. It’s not to boost anybody’s ego this is to help this lovely breed to hopefully have a better future.
Tania has given us a chance to make our opinions heard so take this opportunity to do so. People forget that maybe one day your dog will have MVD or SM. One of my dogs has MVD hopefully I be spared the pain of SM but I am not kidding myself. If we would have had people like Tania 10 years ago who knows maybe less of our dogs would have MVD.

Oh dear,

I would happily have signed the puppy farm petition, as it is something I feel very strongly about.
Unfortunately when I read it closely I find I'm unable to add my signature.

I fully support all Tania has done with her website and her first petition, and I know that there has been a great many people helping her, so I don't want them to feel hurt or indignant, but I cannot agree with the wording of the last stipulation that states:-

"Make the seller responsible for any health problems that occur within the first three years of a puppy’s life"

I understand what you are trying to do, but in some cases the most careful and responsible breeder may produce a puppy with an inherited disease......in cavaliers SM & MVD have hit some breeders who have tested for years.

The way this sentence is written it could, in fact, make a breeder responsible for a puppy's broken leg.

I hope to breed a litter this year, if all the health checks are successful, but I will not be able to guarantee that there willl be no early onset heath problems when I come to sell the puppies, only that I have done my best for them.

Despite this, I do wholeheartedly support the rest of Tania's venture and she has my greatest admiration in what she is doing

I hadn't read the puppy farm petition, because I'm not a UK resident and therefore cannot sign it. But I have to agree with Margaret; that is requiring too much of dog breeders.

ETA: Other than that one sentence the petition looks great.

Last edited:
Cathy Moon;353029]I hadn't read the puppy farm petition, because I'm not a UK resident and therefore cannot sign it. But I have to agree with Margaret; that is requiring too much of dog breeders.

If everybody agrees, I will take this sentence out. The main objective is to stop "Puppy Farming" If I have confused the issue I apologise. I changed the petition to GO, so people from outside the UK can sign.

I have applied for the change to made on the petition, it takes six hours, so will let you all know when it is
done :xfngr:

It may be very difficult to know if some have signed or not, I for one would not know some posters first names, I have signed. but probably not many would know my first name. I would agree with Sabby, sadly I have a dog with MVD and we do not know what is round the corner with the health of our dear cavaliers as they age, MVD being one of the problems with this breed and to deal with the suffering of SM on top would be very hard to deal with.

Battery Farmed Puppies

Oh dear,

I would happily have signed the puppy farm petition, as it is something I feel very strongly about.

"Make the seller responsible for any health problems that occur within the first three years of a puppy’s life"

I understand what you are trying to do, but in some cases the most careful and responsible breeder may produce a puppy with an inherited disease......in cavaliers SM & MVD have hit some breeders who have tested for years.

The way this sentence is written it could, in fact, make a breeder responsible for a puppy's broken leg.

I hope to breed a litter this year, if all the health checks are successful, but I will not be able to guarantee that there willl be no early onset heath problems when I come to sell the puppies, only that I have done my best for them

:oops:

I am so sorry everybody, I have made a real mess of this and should have got someone to check the petition before I posted it.

It would be unethical to edit the petition as people may have agreed to the part in question, so I have created a new one, exactly the same with the last point deleted.

Please can I appeal to you to sign once again. I am so very sorry.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/34126.html

This is the new video recently made by "Puppy Love"

http://www.dogs-r-us.org/news.shtml

Thank you everybody for all your patience and support.

Oh dear,

:oops:

I am so sorry everybody, I have made a real mess of this and should have got someone to check the petition before I posted it.

It would be unethical to edit the petition as people may have agreed to the part in question, so I have created a new one, exactly the same with the last point deleted.

Please can I appeal to you to sign once again. I am so very sorry.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/34126.html

This is the new video recently made by "Puppy Love"

http://www.dogs-r-us.org/news.shtml

Thank you everybody for all your patience and support.

Hello Tania,

You have nothing to be sorry about. You are working hard to make a difference, and you have never done anything like this before.

I greatly admire you.

I'm now going to sign your petition.

Signed

The video is heartbreaking, I hope your hard work organising this petition will make a difference, dont be sorry, feel proud, for at least you are doing something you feel strongly about :)

Hi Tania

I have just signed. Well done for all your hard work, I have nothing but admiration for you.

Back