• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Australian conformation title "Neutered Champion"

EddyAnne

Some interesting breaking news from Australia, but firstly for some years Australia has had the optional Neuter Classes available at some conformation shows. To give an idea of this here is a copy of the ANKC Regulations.

Classes for Exhibit at a Show

Puppy Neuter 15 For neuter dogs and bitches aged six and under twelve months. (05/01)

Junior Neuter 16 For neuter dogs and bitches aged nine and under eighteen months. (05/01)

Intermediate Neuter 17 For neuter dogs and bitches aged eighteen and under thirty-six months. (05/01)

Open Neuter 18 For neuter dogs and bitches aged six months or over. (05/01)

SECTION 3
Neuter Classes (05/01)

3.1 Classes 15, 16, 17 & 18 shall be optional Classes at any ANKC official show.

3.2 Classes 15,16,17 & 18 shall be ineligible to compete for Challenge or Best of Breed awards.

3.3 Classes 15,16,17 & 18 shall be judged at breed level after Best of Breed and any Class elimination judging.

3.4 Classes 15,16,17 & 18 shall be judged at both Group and Show level immediately after Class 11.

3.5 Only dogs or bitches registered with an ANKC Member Body as a “neuter” on the main register shall be eligible to compete in either Class 15,16,17 or 18. (Amended 10/01)

3.6 A neuter is a dog or bitch that has been desexed either by castration or ovarian hysterectomy and is rendered infertile. This does not include vasectomies. (Added 05/04)

Now the breaking news, as from July there will be a new ANKC conformation title "Neutered Champion", and the following breaking news from this link address.
http://www.territorydogworld.com/president.html

From the President's Report DogsNT

Welcome to 2010 and what an exciting year it should be. In my last report I told you of the ANKC National Conference in Melbourne. Due to the minutes not being ratified I could not divulge any information. This has now been done so I can tell some of the decisions that were made.

For the last 3 or 4 years your Council has been pushing for Neutered dogs (and bitches) to be given more opportunities in the Conformation Ring. We have tried several different approaches, but could not gain the support to have them implemented. At the 2009 conference our latest proposal was met with overwhelming support. So I am pleased to announce that as of 1 July 2010 Neutered exhibits will have their own Conformation Championship Title available.

This title will operate on the same 100 points system currently in place for the Australian Championship title. Points will only be allocated in "Breed", as Best Neuter in Group (or Show) is only a Class the same as Junior or NT Bred etc which do not accumulate any extra points. There will be NO Grand Champion Neuter title available.

Trialling members have not been forgotten in this as the accepted proposal included allowing the Neutered Champion Title to be used as required "Conformation Title" for gaining the coveted Dual and Triple Championships.

The race will be on, who will be our first to gain points towards this title and who will be our first "Neutered Champion"? I am so excited about this new title I will personally donate a trophy to the exhibit that is the first to gain this title in the Northern Territory to celebrate their achievement.

If you would like more information on this new title please send me an email or give me a call and I will send you further details.

That's a really iinterestring development and I am sure will be welcomed by many. There must be many prospective competitors amongst dogs neutered for health, welfare or personal responsibility reasons.

Yes an interesting development, and at the latest Australian ANKC Conference regarding the proposal for a Neutered Champion Title, well this was met with overwhelming support at the Conference from all the delegates from across Australia where they went ahead and approved it to be applicable across Australia.

According to ANKC Statistics across Australia and in regards to all breeds, memberships, registrations and show entries across Australia have been declining for years. See an example in memberships at this link address and the file is in PDF format.
http://www.ankc.org.au/media/scripts/doc_download.aspx?did=416

Those attending the ANKC Conferences over the years are well aware of what has been happening over the years. Simply things cannot continue as they have and new innovative things need to be tried in an attempt to stop or reverse what is happening. Well what happened at the Conference as to what I posted might be of some help if it is well promoted, but as you may realise other things may also have to be seriously considered.

Back