Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Friendly World Website -Make announcement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pet Friendly World Website -Make announcement

Hi The
    Pet Friendly World Website Pages have just annouced

http://www.petfriendlyworld.com/chat...%28Dog+Chat%29

And of course its www.cavaliermatters.org thats being noticed and pushed so pls people dont be the odd one out click on the link and sign ,we are now noticing some very prominent people on here who havent so I shall shortly be knocking on their doors and asking why ,and there are some members with SM affected dogs that havent signed that I cant understand as they are the ones who most need our help.

So once again if you havent pls do ,we are soon sorting the faithful and the good apart from those we are plainly just not interested and dont give a damn about their own dogs or our breed FUTReE
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I just signed but had a job to find it as it's on the contents page which I flicked past. Maybe it's in a more obvious place somewhere else that I didn't notice?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Pauline

And thanks to you and my mate (and Daisy's of course ) your a STAR and we know you are ,and pls don't think any of my words had been aimed in your direction as I wouldn't dream of offending you or Dylan so my full apologies to you if you thought I had .

Your Mate
    Brian
    Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian,
    I've signed both, but you won't know its me 'cos Charlifarley is not my real name!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi Pauline

And thanks to you and my mate (and Daisy's of course ) your a STAR and we know you are ,and pls don't think any of my words had been aimed in your direction as I wouldn't dream of offending you or Dylan so my full apologies to you if you thought I had .

Your Mate
    Brian
    No worries Brian. I think, if it's not too late, a whole separate page for the petitions in bold print near the beginning would be good for those of us who "skim" read.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Have willingly signed and made a comment in each petition. Well done for organising this - and especially for the lovely website itself.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi The
    Pet Friendly World Website Pages have just annouced

http://www.petfriendlyworld.com/chat...%28Dog+Chat%29

And of course its www.cavaliermatters.org thats being noticed and pushed so pls people dont be the odd one out click on the link and sign ,we are now noticing some very prominent people on here who havent so I shall shortly be knocking on their doors and asking why ,and there are some members with SM affected dogs that havent signed that I cant understand as they are the ones who most need our help.

So once again if you havent pls do ,we are soon sorting the faithful and the good apart from those we are plainly just not interested and dont give a damn about their own dogs or our breed FUTReE
    Forgive me for saying this Brian, but I really think you should modify your approach to this Petition. I haven't seen it or your post before, having five dogs and a home to care for, one of whom has SM and has lost his hearing, which strictly limits the time I have to spend reading and responding to items on this forum.

I assume you aren't really trying to intimidate people into signing this Petition but that it's your sense of humour that has taken over, but equally frankly, I do think you may be misleading the vulnerable among us into believing you are actually serious in saying you are noting who has signed and who has not. Here we live in a democracy which gives us all the freedom to decide what we will and will not do, and long may it continue.

For my own part, I never, ever, sign Petitions that require either my real name, address or postcode, for that is where the fraudsters and identity thieves can extract and use information for identity theft and other scams.

Also I find your inference that those who fail to sign are 'plainly just not interested and don't give a damn about their own dogs or our breed' grossly offensive and I do wish you would think before you write. Unless you know the personal circumstances of those who are not signing, perhaps you could explain how you can justify that comment?
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Flo, I know there are good intentions and much hard work behind all these efforts, as well as real concerns. I think it is just a matter of senses of humour that don't match, not any intent to annoy.

You make a good point that some simply do not like signing petitions or having names listed publicly for any range of reasons and that alone is a perfectly sound reason for not signing petitions and should be respected. Many people make contributions and work for health and better standards for keeping breeding dogs in other ways that are equally important. I don;t think it is right to push people into signing petitions, but at the same time, I know Brian and others are eager to keep people aware that the petitions are there.

It does take many weeks and months -- even years -- for new websites to find their own place and for traffic to slowly increase. It can take quite a while for search engines to classify a site for example. I am sure traffic will continue to grow over time, especially as so many have already found the site very helpful and informative and the link is being passed around.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Flo

I thank you for your post and for allowing me the opportunity to clarify my words and intentions ,my phrases were written and meant in an entirely different context than the one you arrived at and of course were not meant to cause offense or alarm to anybody . Like you I am the carer of a multi Cavalier household and am very passionate about all things I hold close to my heart, but this often results in my passionate beliefs overruling clear thought and decisions,often before I engage my head. For this flaw in my character I am guilty and apologise.

The petition signatures are open to view by all, so you can see what I can see and if my mild attempt at humour and cajoling people is offensive to you I am sorry ,but surely the gathering of signatures is part and parcel of the task I set myself by being the author of the petition ,but I would never attempt bullying or intimidation tactics as that is only going to deter people to sign and send them in the opposite direction .

With regards to Tana's beautiful website www.cavaliermatters.org and the accompanying petitions, my only aim is to assist to the best of my ability with the promotion of her site, and to do my utmost to obtain as many signatures as possible for the petitions by advertising ,emailing organisations and promotion of it in lots of ways .I assure you that my intentions are only good and sincere and pls if you have any doubt PM Tania and ask for her thoughts.

I hope you will receive the website and the petitions in the manner they were meant which is only to be of help to all Cavalier owners and of course to help the future betterment of our beloved breed of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Lastly Flo, I thank you for taking the time to view the website, and pls advise us if you see any errors or think we have missed something out or any other guidance you may have to assist, and of course i still hope you may sign the petition even if you sign Anonymous and I still respect your decision if you decide not to sign .

Best Wishes
    Brian
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Brian

I would just like to say thank you to Brian, While I have had my nose stuck in books, Brian has been busy, most of the attention and press releases we have received has been as a result of his passion and devotion to our lovely breed. Thank you Brian.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim