• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A few Westminster Pics

Lani

My sister and I took the day off yesterday and went to Westminster.

We got to Madison Square Garden at about 8:30 in the morning and got to stand on the floor to watch the Cavaliers and whole-color ETs. We were right there, standing in the first row behind all the privileged people who had ring-side seats. :)

We got to meet and pet an adorable English Toy (King Charles) boy from a Pennsylvania breeder. The dog didn't place but was adorable. Here he is with his breeder. I think his name is Bugsy:

1266285466.jpg

Here are some other pics. All taken without a flash so they could be clearer but this will give you an idea!

English Toys ... (we arrived to late to see the Blenheim & Tris):
CIMG0022.jpg

CIMG0037.jpg

Cavaliers were brought in in 3 groups, and then they narrowed down the best of those groups in one final group. I didn't take pictures of all the groups and we didn't have a program, so not sure who all I saw:

CIMG0066.jpg

CIMG0064.jpg

This girl was handling this tri. She did such a good job considering her age! To be showing at Westminster that young .... can you imagine???

CIMG0075.jpg

There were 2 or 3 rubies. I am pretty sure this is Graham, the one from Atlanta who we got to pet afterwards. He was really gorgeous ... (I could never shoot the camera in time to get his face, so you get to see his back side!)
CIMG0054.jpg

You might recognize this Tri of Janet York's who won Best of Breed:
CIMG0061.jpg

This will give you an idea of how packed it was!
CIMG0081.jpg

Now don't you just feel like you were there? :rotfl:

Looks like you had a great day out.Thanks for posting the pics of perfect cavaliers,they looked wonderful.
The crowds are just amazing,I'm feeling the claustrophobia just looking at them.
Sins

The crowds are just amazing,I'm feeling the claustrophobia just looking at them.

We really just went for the Cavaliers and ET's and just stayed for the morning. It was SOOO claustrophobic we were really uncomfortable! We also went into the benching area where the dogs are prepped until they are ready to show and that was even worse. We could not get out fast enough. Walking through the aisle was literally like trying to walk through a crowded subway car at rush hour. :eek: I don't know how those poor dogs handled it. I have images in my head of how my guys would be barking and whining if they had to deal with those conditions.

I was glad I got to see the Cavaliers and ET's up close but it would have been much nicer if it were not so crowed, but I guess Madison Square Garden is about the biggest indoor space you are going to find in NYC.

Must say I really like B&T Charlies ). Thanks for the pics! That is crowded all right! :eek: Is there are area where you can also do some dog shopping for treats, toys etc?

Must say I really like B&T Charlies ). Thanks for the pics! That is crowded all right! :eek: Is there are area where you can also do some dog shopping for treats, toys etc?

The Charlies were really sweet! My sister has a B&T Charlie, so I'm partial to them too. ;)

The few merchants were in the benching area. I didn't take any pictures there since I was so claustrophobic but found this one via Google. This picture must have been taken BEFORE they opened the doors in the morning because it was much more crowded than this:

http://z.about.com/d/vetmedicine/1/0/a/U/bench-area.jpg

They didn't have much good shopping. Since the show was sponsored by Pedigree, they gave everyone a bag of Pedigree samples which I plan to donate to a local shelter, but otherwise hardly anything. The ASPCA was there, and a local vet hospital. The show poster was being sold and signed by the artist. Some very high end sculptures but otherwise that was about it ....you'd find better stuff going to a regional Cavalier show.

Back