• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Related Injuries?

Quinny74

We had 2 of our bitches spayed last week and the vet told us that when we picked them up we should put our hands under their bums to take the weight so as not to put strain on their bellies.
Unfortunately our Becky is a bit of a bruiser (10.2kg but not fat, just very solid) and she likes her fuss and cuddles. I cupped her bum and lifted her but she decided to go on her back for a belly rub. I quickly stopped her from falling but I twisted my arm doing so.
Went to the doctors today as it still hurts and I've got got Golfer's Elbow!!! I explained to the doctor how I'd done it and he looked very confused.

What weird and wonderful injuries have you received from your dogs?

By the way Becky and Buffy are absolutely fine and full of beans after their ops. Just Dotty to go at Easter.

I have had several over the years, but the one I will never forget happened when one of the dogs stole something they should not have from the kitchen and I set off in hot pursuit across the hallway, through the living room, when disaster struck as I ran out after the dog through the patio doors to the garden. Somehow I slid on the footboard, catapaulting through the door and across the patio at high speed. My feet hit the patio wall to the garden, leaving me to hit the stone patio with a huge thump. I also went down on one arm, leaving it badly bruised.

The pain in my right thigh and hip was so bad I had to see the doctor in case something was broken. The doctor I saw is a Moslem who clearly disapproved of people who keep dogs. My injuries were checked in stony silence with me being told nothing was broken. The distaste on the doctor's face was obvious. His parting shot was to say that next time it happened I would be better off going to A & E. Perhaps he was right but not for the reasons he may have had in mind!

Tripped a few times alright! Lily tends to stand right underfoot but just out of sight. :rolleyes:

You guys need to be careful :eek: . Thankfully I haven't had anything quite this bad (can just imagine you explaining to your doctor how the golfer's elbow happened :D) . I went for my yearly exam and my doctor asked me about the bruises on my inner thighs and inside my upper arms. I told her that's where the dogs step on my and pinch my skin. I'm not sure she bought (maybe she thought hubby had been pinching me :)) but it was the truth!!

It wasnt Cavalier related, but I was once playing with my Boxer. I was throwing his Ragga and bent down low just as he jumped up. His head smacked onto my chin with a sickening crunch and my teeth all crunched together and it split my lip. I saw stars and stumbled forwards shocked and disorientated- just as he came up for another jump and caught me smack in the eye. I looked a right mess with a swollen split lip and black eye.

This only happened last week. I was at fly ball training with Harley. Before we start we all sit down and have a cuppa and a chat. Harley thinks he is a circus dog and he got into this bad habit of jumping onto my lap or the chair next to me. I was taking a drink from my hot chocolate and he tried to jump on to my lap. Thank god the drink was only warm and it was a plastic cup. The drink went right into my face and all over my jumper and Harley had sticky ears.

I don't really have an injury to share, rather I suffer from "Cavalier Related Weight Gain." Yes, it's true. You see, my Cavvy simply will not allow me to get up from our comfy couch, or our comfy chair, or even out of our comfy bed most days. She wants, no wait---she demands----that I sit with her, cuddle her, pet her, basically dote on her in every way. It's all her fault really. I've gained weight recently and I blame her. ;)

:D Dawn

Back