• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

DROOL! splat

Chuck

EEEEEEk! No one told me that Cavies DROOL! My Boston always did, but now I looked down at Nina girl and drool was dripping out of the corners of her mouth. Then running down her throat on to her name tags, and on to her ears before splattering on the floor....Do you think maybe she wanted some pizza?:grnyuk:

I would urgently ring a vet! That is not normal and generally would indicate she may have eaten something poisonous. Even when they drool due to nervousness or interest in food it is not remotely at that level in any normal cavalier I have ever seen.... I'd ring for advice immediately. :eek:

Thanks for your consern Karlin, I may have exagerated just a little bit. When my pizza was gone, and she and Cooper had there small bite, she stopped. She is fine now curled up with Cooper next to me.

Oh that's a relief!! :D From the description it sounded as if it could be really worrying...!

Oh Ruby is the same- when ever there is Cheese mainly- or chicken. Once I didnt catch it in time and when she shook it spattered all over the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Skippy had an episode of drooling which lasted 1.5-2 weeks a few months ago. We checked his teeth and gums, thought about what he could possibly have eaten, monitored his behavior, but were clueless. After a few days or so then brought him to the vet when things weren't improving. The vet couldn't figure it out either. A few days later, his drooling stopped. Weird!

Molly drools if you are eating something she wants but it is not that bad. On one occassion Dougall Drooled a lot, I got him to the vet immediately, we think he had picked something up on the walk or he was jumping all over Molly who had that morning been frontlined and of course that is toxic. So, if it is excessive I wouldn't take a chance!

So drooling is not normal? Had been wondering as the last 2 walks I have taken her on she has had doggy slobber at the end of them. No other time that I have noticed though.

Stress can also cause them to drool - maybe she's a bit unsure of herself around other dogs?

A Pavlovian reaction to your pizza maybe? ;)

My first Cavalier used to drool for England if "people" food was around - it was almost as if someone had turned a tap on his mouth! He did it all his life.

But it's definitely worth getting it checked out if it's unusual behaviour.

Rosemary

Claire will drool from time to time, depending on what your eating, but nothing obsessive. She just wants the food......I'm getting the impression it's a fairly common trait with a lot of Cavs?

I've only ever had one real drooler Cindy, but out of my six over the years, three have been obsessive foodies! :D

Rosemary

Prior to Claire, I've had Cockers, who worship food. I always knew when they weren't well, as eating was always a priority, and only if sick would eating be not as important.Now I have Claire, and have learned Cavaliers are the same. Food, food, food. I do keep her slim though.....

Hi so funny,Archie drools,u wait till they have eaten fish,all in their ears and mouth,go to kiss him and he stinks,he just looks at me,in disgust....

A Pavlovian reaction to your pizza maybe? ;)

Totally!!! Shelby's will have pools of drool dripping from her mouth when John is eating ice cream. She knows she's going to get a taste and gets all warmed up for it. Seriously, she will drool so much she soaks her chest....but other than then, she doesn't drool.

Claire is my first drooled....the others were beggars, but didn't drool. And she doesn't drool all the time, but I do laugh when she does......cute ever the same though.

Back