• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Minor upgrade: a little board downtime soon

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
The new board release is finally out today after a minor delay of two weeks, and apparently has fixed lots of little bugs. People will be happy to know the 'go to first unread post' feature is back and will be working in this release! I will upgrade the board when I get a little time -- probably in the next couple of days. I want to see how stable it is first. Just a heads up.

Thanks Karlin

Perhaps you know already but just thought I would mention that it is difficult to access the website using a Google search.

In the Google search engine, I would normally type ckcs or cavaliertalk and the website link would appear in the first five results.

Using Google search since the upgrade, the only result appearing is the Irish cavalier website (I use the link from there to access cavaliertalk).

I have tried using the pages from Ireland button but it still doesn't list cavaliertalk in the results.
Strangely, I can find the website easier using the Yahoo search engine.

Hope I have explained this ok!

Sue

This is normal after changing a url, which I needed to do to for the way the new software is set up. There's a 301 redirect in place but it takes a few weeks for the search engines to reflect the change. Old url was a subdomain; new url is a subsection. Technical stuff that affects search engine results temporarily. :)

Actually, I just went and checked and Google reflects the new url now. (y) The new url is now the top result for a search on cavaliertalk. :) It can take a few days for all Google servers to reflect the update so your mileage may vary.

Sue, have you tried to bookmark the page. If you go to the main forum page, then on the top of your screen there should be the word 'Bookmark'. If you click on that you get an option to bookmark in a folder or in your toolbar. I have it in my toolbar, so I can click on to the site very quickly and don't need to remember the website address. ;)

Thanks Karlin, it is indeed the top result in Google now :)

I usually access the web from from work pc (which I'm technically not supposed to do!!), so I can't bookmark the page! But thanks charlifarley for the suggestion

Sue

Back