• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Burping

Love my Cavaliers

Does burping signify anything other than a meal well enjoyed? All of my dogs burp after they eat, but recently Oz has been burping more frequently even 3 or more hours after having anything to eat. It is an audible burp (often right in my face!!). He doesn't seem to be bothered by anything, poops are fine and he acts like his usual maniac self. Any ideas?

Does he gulp his food down? Or drink lots of water afterwards? Both of these can cause them to take in a good bit of air which could be the reason for the burping. The only thing to be warey of is bloat - which can be caused by too much air being taken in and not escaping. So the burping is a good thing because it gets all the air out. Perhaps trying to get him to eat slower (there are bowls spaicifically designed for this, or put an object in his - like a ball - to slow him down) and try not to let him drink loads of water right after eating. If he is happy and healthy there is not too much to worry ;)

Maybe it is just an Oz thing?! My Ozzy does this too - and we have tried the special bowl/balls in the bowl/etc... Kizzy only sometimes burps, and when she does it is an almost silent, very ladylike burp; instead of an Ozzy-style belch! :eek:

Their "cousins" Miles and Truman both burp as well, often in our faces, so maybe it's a family trait! ;)

That is so funny!!! Jato burps too. We always laugh at him, but it is a bit embarrassing when we have guests over. :grin:

Geordie burps in our faces daily. I've always thought it amusing; it seems like he waits for a chance to get his face right in mine then he burps. ;)

He does tend to eat very fast, and he drinks quite a bit after eating. I allow it because mainly I feed him kibble and it seems like the water would help make it digestible. Luckily he doesn't try to play or run with a full stomach or I think that could lead to bloat - I don't walk him with his stomach full either.

Back