• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

E-bay items

Nicki

If anyone has any items they would like to list on E-bay to sell to raise money for Rupert's Fund, it would be greatly appreciated.

You might be able to persuade family, friends and work colleagues to either donate items or to sell something themselves...

If you list anything, please put a note of it in this thread, hopefully this will create the maximum possible interest :D It doesn't have to be doggy related...

Happy :*bay:

If anyone has any items they would like to list on E-bay to sell to raise money for Rupert's Fund, it would be greatly appreciated.

You might be able to persuade family, friends and work colleagues to either donate items or to sell something themselves...

If you list anything, please put a note of it in this thread, hopefully this will create the maximum possible interest :D It doesn't have to be doggy related...

Happy :*bay:

Hello Nicki,

Just to say I have some cavalier items that I will sort out & put onto eBay during the week.

For those that have enjoyed the historical information I will have a duplicate Zena Dare ( & spaniel ) postcard and one of another actress, Edna May, with a slightly shorter faced spaniel.

I hope other members are sorting out those unwanted Christmas presents.

I might have an item or two... one is a hardback Peanuts Collection book which was a Christmas gift, but funnily enough we got two of the same. How do we post them?

Last edited:
Postcards on eBay

s.gif

Postcard 1900s, Zena Dare with Cavalier KC Spaniel type

Item Id:290407854571

Postcard of Marie Tempest with Cavalier KC Spaniel Type

Item Id:290408355960

Postcard of Marie Tempest and a toy spaniel.
Used, the postmark is a little indistinct but looks as if the date is AUG 3, 05
Dame Marie Tempest DBE (1864-1942 ) was an singer and actress known as the "queen of her profession".
Marie Tempest became the most famous soprano in late Victorian light opera and Edwardian musical comedies. Later, she became a leading comic actress and toured widely in North America and elsewhere.
She was also instrumental in the founding of the actors' union Equity in England.

Not a postcard this time

Cavalier KC Spaniel Club Bulletin No 15, Christmas 1959

Item Id:290408362771

A well worn 1959 Cavalier KC Spaniel Bulletin for any one interested in the history of the breed and the UK Club
Four sheets of paper measuring 13 ins X 8 ins ( 7 pages of typing ) with snippets of news about club members and small articles by Mrs Booth, Mrs Marshall, and Mrs Dudley Forwood.
Condition is not good, edges of the bulletin are tattered and the bottom corners folded, but it is perfectly legible

A Royal Terrier

Postcard of Skye Terrier, 'Sandringham Minnie', 1908

Item Id:290410803922

A Postcard dated April 27th 1908, with a rather faded photo of a Skye Terrier called 'Sandringham Minnie',
According to the handwritten information on the back of the card Minnie is "the property of H.M. the Queen"

If you know any terrier enthusiasts tell them about this little bit of SkyeTerrier history.

s.gif

Postcard of Gaynor Rowlands with King Charles Spaniel

Item Id:290410799355

Signed Postcard of Gaynor Rowlands with Wholecolour King Charles Spaniel and a Black Spitz Type Dog.
Miss Rowlands was a 'Gaiety Girl' in the early 1900s. She died in 1906 at the age of twenty three.

s.gif
s.gif

Fleece Blanket Featuring Cavalier KC Spaniel Puppies

Item Id:290410820291

I very occasionally manage to get hold of one or two of these fleeces. They make nice presents for cavalier enthusiasts

Southern Cavalier K C Spaniel Club Commemorative Book

Item Id:290410841560

This book was produced in 1987 when the Southern Cavalier KC Club hosted the Amice Pitt Rally

The accent of this 178 page club magazine was on Amice Pitt, "The Founder of the Breed" and Historical Top Stud Dogs and Influential Sires.

Some of the articles were featured on this forum in the discussions about the start of the breed & inbreeding.

There are also 'yearbook' type advertisements by Southern club members, some of them well known and still active in the breed.

The eBay items sold so far will raise at least £115 for Rupert's Fund. Please keep looking and bidding....................

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Writing Paper & Envelopes
Item Id:290414496723

s.gif

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Writing Paper & Envelopes
Item Id:290414495778

s.gif
Postcard of Cavalier KC Type Spaniel, Maud West Watson
Item Id:290414506724

A Tuck Postcard of what is described as a Blenheim Spaniel, although the picture is obviously that of a Ruby Spaniel

The Sketch is by well known dog painter Maud West Watson

There is a advertising logo for the American YMCA printed on the top right hand corner

s.gif

Postcard of Cavalier Type King Charles Spaniels
Item Id:290414513373

Postcard of what are described as King Charles Spaniels, although the dog lying down on the left hand side is more like a modern cavalier with a distinct length of muzzle.

The card has writing in pencil on the back, although it has not been posted.

The eBay items sold so far will raise at least £115 for Rupert's Fund..

Congratulations Margaret that's wonderful (y):jump:

Lots more lovely items listed here - does anyone else have anything they could try and sell? - it doesn't have to be dog related!!

Postcard of Cavalier KC Type Spaniel by Minnie Keene
Item Id:290415677946

Features the head of a Black and Tan Toy Spaniel

The postcard is used, posted in 1928 and is in good condition for age

s.gif

Scottish Cavalier KC Spaniel Club Yearbook 1977
Item Id:290415682054

Cover not torn but marked with teacup stains

Book has 64 pages of members adverts, photos and club information

s.gif
Postcard with photo of Cavalier KC Type B/T Spaniel
Item Id:290415695560

This postcard is used, posted in 1916. There is a slight bend in the right hand corner but condition is reasonable for age.

This is a much photographed little Toy Spaniel that had a distinct length of muzzle.
I have collected five postcards of this series of pictures, and a few other postcards with pictures taken at other photographic sessions.

Please be aware that the actual photograph is smaller, and there is more white background shown on the postcard, than is apparent from the photo illustrated

The postcards are selling well.

I found a forgotten pile of postcards in a cupboard, some were duplicates of toy spaniel cards I have already got in my collection. Some were other breeds that just took my fancy, or canine artists that I thought I might start collecting.

So keep looking...................

Postcard of Cavalier King Charles Type Spaniel Puppies
Item Id:290417402476

Postcard of Cavalier King Charles Type Spaniel Puppies.
Used, posted in 1908

s.gif

Postcard of Cavalier KC Type Spaniel With Her Puppies?
Item Id:290417408993

Entitled " The Proud Mother

A rather curious postcard of a Cavalier King Charles Type Spaniel with what look like a litter of terrier puppies.

The postcard has been used, posted in 1924.

There is some flaking round the border of the card and it does show signs of wear.

Artist's Postcard of Cavalier KC Type Spaniel Puppy
Item Id:290417412631

Entitled " The Pessimist"

Comical Artist's Postcard of Cavalier King Charles Type Spaniel Puppy

Back